Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

Its time for Cooper to go.  However that isnt going to happen.  The success for this year is a guy who went back to a previous coach and reworked his arm climb on his own.  Tall and fall, sacrificing velocity, and throwing cutters and giving up your breaking pitches is not a formula for success anymore.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Its time for Cooper to go.  However that isnt going to happen.  The success for this year is a guy who went back to a previous coach and reworked his arm climb on his own.  Tall and fall, sacrificing velocity, and throwing cutters and giving up your breaking pitches is not a formula for success anymore.

Took me about two minutes of reading that excerpt about the Astros to reaffirm my decision that Cooper is a dinosaur 

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Don’t forget the rule that each starter must get a mandatory 6 innings, no matter how bad they look.

I keep reading that Lopez had good stuff. Does he really? What an I missing? He now has 64K and 33BB. His biggest problem is that he has no out pitch and his control blows. He gets two strikes and batters just foul off pitch after pitch and wait for a mistake. Which seems to inevitably come.

Just now, fathom said:

He doesn’t have good stuff, that’s the problem. Velocity is good but the rest of the repertoire blows.

If this was the Astros, they would of worked on spin rate with rapsado and trackman and worked on getting him locked in on pitches that work.   But here with the White Sox its what random old school shit Cooper comes up with and an ornery look.  

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

I am 100% in agreement 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

@SouthWallace I took a tour of the park last year when I was there for the ASG and HRD. Another person on the tour asked and the response was "DC, but if you had to say a state, it's virginia."

I lived in DC for 3 years and went to the Navy Yard often.  That’s def not Virginia 😂

Edited by SouthWallace

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Giolito is going to keep the haters off his back, but the pitching performances from the starters in the entire organization besides Giolito and Cease is crazy awful.  At this rate, they’re going to need to sign 2 free agent starters, which is ridiculous considering the assets they’ve given Cooper.

At this point. I feel Cooper is the most overrated person in the Sox organization the last 15 years.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

If this was the Astros, they would of worked on spin rate with rapsado and trackman and worked on getting him locked in on pitches that work.   But here with the White Sox its what random old school shit Cooper comes up with and an ornery look.  

Cooper thinks TrackMan is an exercise treadmill so he changes the conversation when anyone brings it up.

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

This Lopez kid needs to get his pitching head on straight 

Maybe in the offseason he can find his old coach to get him back to what he did that was successful.  When he was acquired I saw tape of him pitching against Atlanta.  That guy was electric.  Then coop happened.  And we have this.  I think Cooper has a specific type of guy he can fix.  We however have not acquired that guy since Thornton or Loaiza.  

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Maybe in the offseason he can find his old coach to get him back to what he did that was successful.  When he was acquired I saw tape of him pitching against Atlanta.  That guy was electric.  Then coop happened.  And we have this.  I think Cooper has a specific type of guy he can fix.  We however have not acquired that guy since Thornton or Loaiza.  

I think Cooper broke Lopez. He wasn't a top 40 prospect for no reason 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Cooper thinks TrackMan is an exercise treadmill so he changes the conversation when anyone brings it up.

He is a human trackman.  He doesnt need to pay attention to those silicon diodes.  His eye tells him that the pitcher needs to drop velocity, throw strikes with that pitch that straightens out.  Then throw a cutter. 

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I forget my annoyance towards Rondon's suck ass until this team start losing again. 

There is no need for any team to carry scrubs like this, even for a rebuild. 

Next man up. 

yeah...he brings absolutely nothing to the table. Get Mendick up here.