Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sox aren’t going after Rendon. He’s awesome, but pretty sure the infield and DH spot is set in their eyes.

They're going to have to find someone to play 2b next year. They won't spend the money on Rendon since he's too good but they're going to have to add someone, after where this season went with Yolmer and Rondon.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

I heard the same interview.  Take a look at his arm climb and motion and compare it to last year.  Mental issues didnt all of a sudden change that to a short arm action.  

I'm just reporting what Giolito said. I have no inside information on the situation.

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

I heard the same interview.  Take a look at his arm climb and motion and compare it to last year.  Mental issues didnt all of a sudden change that to a short arm action.  

Yep.  Giolito was interviewed during this very broadcast by Benetti and said he worked on changing his delivery all offseason.  And this is what he was crediting his success this year to most of all.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

I just don't understand how Lopez could be pretty good last year but absolutely awful this year.

Some Tiger fan is saying I don't know how McCann was awful last year and he is so good this year. 

Just now, ptatc said:

I'm just reporting what Giolito said. I have no inside information on the situation.

“Robin is a really good manager,” said team captain Paul Konerko, who was considered for the job before the Sox offered it to Ventura. “He’s good at this. But I also think that Robin is one of those guys who -- in the right way -- he knows baseball is not everything.  I respect that, because he can do this. He can probably do this for as long as he wants. But I don’t think he identifies who he is with baseball. So if he doesn’t want to do it, that’s fine.”

Players rarely say, this guy fucked me up.  I had to go outside and fix this with my own coach.  But thanks for helping me with my emotions.  I mean really do you think that lots of players on the Sox thought Robin was a really good manager.  Sometimes they just say things for the press.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, poppysox said:

But absolutely sure Ricky is not a major league manager.  Awful.

I felt sorry for the way St. Theo treated him

Not anymore.

He is a tank manager.

Edited by GradMc

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They're going to have to find someone to play 2b next year. They won't spend the money on Rendon since he's too good but they're going to have to add someone, after where this season went with Yolmer and Rondon.

It will be Yolmer with hope of Madrigal come June 

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

A few more games like this and both Colome & Abreu will be on the trading block.

They should have been regardless. Especially Colome. This team isn't going anywhere with only 1 good starting pitcher. Hot streak be damned.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

A few more games like this and both Colome & Abreu will be on the trading block.

Colome should have been on the block regardless of how things went.  Abreu too but I’m not sure what he can reasonably net in a trade.  Trade both and resign Abreu in the offseason if he will accept a reasonable short term (2-3) year deal.