Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Colome should have been on the block regardless of how things went.  Abreu too but I’m not sure what he can reasonably net in a trade.  Trade both and resign Abreu in the offseason if he will accept a reasonable short term (2-3) year deal.

Abreu has the power numbers that contenders will be looking for and who can't use a back of the pen arm.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

It will be Yolmer with hope of Madrigal come June 

What is Yolmer due to earn via arbitration increase this offseason?  $6-$7 million?  The Twins got Schoop for $7.5 million.  Surely there are better options as one year 2B signings.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

A few more games like this and both Colome & Abreu will be on the trading block.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

They should no matter what

Agreed on both accounts. I really don't know if they're going to get anything for Abreu when he's sporting a .299 OBP

Just now, The Beast said:

Can someone explain why DJ is in the booth? Who is doing the game with Farmer?

Not sure but Benetti said that Stone is on vacation.  Farmer could probably do an entire game talking to himself.  I’m sure he’s fine.

• Haha 1

Lopez may be the biggest tease to have ever pitched for this organization.

This trade was basically Eaton for Gio.

Maybe put him in the pen as a late-inning  pitcher.

The guy is capable of spectacular outings.

I really want him to win.

Perhaps these young guys,would respond to a different perspective. But Cooper is more than a pitching coach to Reinsdorf. He's the  eyes and ears in the clubhouse.

His usefulness as a pitching coach was over many, many moons ago.

2 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Covey has an ERA of 4.73, second only to Giolito.  For some reason, people on here prefer the guys with ERA's in the 6's and 7's.

I really don't know what to do with Lopez right now

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, GradMc said:

Perhaps these young guys,would respond to a different perspective. But Cooper is more than a pitching coach to Reinsdorf. He's the  eyes and ears in the clubhouse.

Exactly.  Even if Cooper is done as an effective pitching coach, we all get to suffer through it.  He is the dark lord’s loyal servant and will never leave this team until he decides to retire.

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

He can still be the eyes and ears to Reinsdorf and bring smiles and laughs to the kids.   Picture it with me.  Coop Southpaw.

5375643087_6a975b0ca8_b.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Not sure but Benetti said that Stone is on vacation.  Farmer could probably do an entire game talking to himself.  I’m sure he’s fine.

I turned on WGN Radio the other day and didn’t recognize the broadcaster who was doing play by play.

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I have to ask 

Does Reinsdorf want this team to be competitive ?

They actually have a shot to make the playoff this year. What a boost going into 2020 that would be.

They have one starting pitcher. They’re not contending for shit.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I have to ask 

They actually have a shot to make the playoff this year. What a boost going into 2020 that would be.

Yes, he does.  But he wants to do it his way by spending the least amount of money possible while making the highest profits.  We won’t be signing any big time free agents, which usually is the final step to going on a long run of winning year after year (see Cubs and Lester).

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I have to ask 

Money.JPG

This is what he sees when he looks at the team. That pile gets bigger no matter if people show up, we win, or we dont.  Its a piggy bank that accumulates wealth no matter how good the investment is.