Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol I've never seen that.  That guy had me cracking up.  Classic Socal baseball field he was on too.

The more you watch his videos the more you will laugh.  The one on hitting lessons is comical.  

Edited by southsideirish71

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Let’s not get all crazy here about tearing down the team just because we are losing one game. We were discussing one talented young pitcher needing start putting it together 

You trade Colome and Abreu because this team needs more assets for future trades. They have next to nothing right now in terms of disposable assets.

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Let’s not get all crazy here about tearing down the team just because we are losing one game. We were discussing one talented young pitcher needing start putting it together 

Who is talking about tearing down the team.  Its a rebuild.  

Just now, elrockinMT said:

50% of the anger is the manager man.   doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results with lopez is insanity.  he had very little again tonight and was walking a fine line.  At a certain point you can't leave him out there to get guillotined, rebuild year or not.  

Rick has to be accountable to his team and there's no shame in trying to build off a decent 5/1/3 performance on the road with a young scuffling starter.   

28 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep.  Giolito was interviewed during this very broadcast by Benetti and said he worked on changing his delivery all offseason.  And this is what he was crediting his success this year to most of all.

I wonder why he changed his story?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You trade Colome and Abreu because this team needs more assets for future trades. They have next to nothing right now in terms of disposable assets.

If they can't find a closer and a decent DH they don't deserve to win anything anyways.  Seriously Jose and Colome should EASILY be replaced when money is being spent again.  Assuming it ever is.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I wonder why he changed his story?

How did he change his story?  I thought you said he credited his old coach for the delivery change and Cooper for the mental aspect.  The delivery change is the biggest difference and not every interview is going to be the same.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes, this one loss isn’t changing a thing.  Colome and Abreu made sense to trade before the season started.  Colome even moreso now that he is lights out and has even better trade value than expected.

It would be nice if Abreu gets hot and ups his value a bit but you can always bring him back in the offseason if you want to.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, poppysox said:

Lopez needs to work faster...get the sign and throw the ball.  I've always thought guys like him think themselves into a funk.  At least when you work fast the defense isn't falling asleep.

How fast a guy works has zero with how effective a pitcher is.  Remember Freddy Garcia.  He wasn't exactly Mark Buerhle out there.

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

How did he change his story?  I thought you said he credited his old coach for the delivery change and Cooper for the mental aspect.  The delivery change is the biggest difference and not every interview is going to be the same.

The interviewer asked him what percentage was physical/mechanical changes and what percentage was mental. He replied the difference from last year was 90+ percent mental.

I thought you said in the other interview he said the primary difference was physical with the delivery change.

Edited by ptatc

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think so. You assume that some youngster equals a better asset than who you gave up. We know what we have with Abreu and Colome and the success they have had

Edited by elrockinMT

Just now, ptatc said:

The interviewer asked him what percentage was physical/mechanical changes and what percentage was mental. He replied the difference from last year was 90+ percent mental.

I thought you said in the other interview he said the primary difference was physical with the changeup.

Okay, I guess they were different then.  In Benetti’s interview, he mostly talked about working extremely hard all offseason to change/revamp his delivery and this was the main reason for his success this year.

Just now, ptatc said:

I thought you said in the other interview he said the primary difference was physical with the changeup.

Then he should of kept his old mechanics and had more time with a therapist if thats the case.    

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t think so. You assume that some youngster equals a better asset than who you gave up. We know what we have with Breu and Colome and the success they have had

Colome has one more year left so you can make that argument for him only.  I would argue that one year isn’t very long and he’s worth trading for a good return.

However, Abreu is a free agent.  You may as well trade him.  You can always resign him in the offseason if you want him back.

Unless you are legitimately thinking the Sox still have a chance THIS year?!?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yes, this one loss isn’t changing a thing.  Colome and Abreu made sense to trade before the season started.  Colome even moreso now that he is lights out and has even better trade value than expected.

It would be nice if Abreu gets hot and ups his value a bit but you can always bring him back in the offseason if you want to.

I agree. This loss shouldn't change much but this is a tough schedule in June. I dont forsee a good record at the end of June.

Wow....I checked the score early and it was 5-0 against Strasburg....just got home...wtf happened?  I'm not asking for an explanation actually, I'll just check the box score but again WTF?!?!

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I don’t think so. You assume that some youngster equals a better asset than who you gave up. We know what we have with Abreu and Colome and the success they have had

You do this every year.  If you had it your way Jermaine Dye would be patrolling RF still and Garland would be pitching in the game tonight.  Pay more attention to the front of the jersey than the back.  Colome just got here.  No reason to be attatched.  

• Haha 1