Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

did you see him try and bunt?  He was better off swinging.

There's no real reason to think that.  I love watching pitchers hit, but there's nothing wrong with calling for the bunt there.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well at least only one more inning for Strasburg then their shit pen.

Man, fuck Ricky. Why would you send Leury there? Yoan hit it 458 feet in his last at-bat. And he's a patient hitter, so even if he doesn't come through, he runs up Strasburg's pitch count and almost surely makes next inning his last.

And bunting with Reylo on two strikes? Even in situations where hitters should bunt (i.e. the pitcher is hitting), Ricky overdoes it like the simpleminded twit he is.

I hate Ricky so much. If there's any reason to root for team failure, it's so he gets shitcanned. Unfortunately, we'll probably hover just under .500 and the idiots in our FO will credit this idiot enough to let him keep his job. Embarrassing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Man, fuck Ricky. Why would you send Leury there? Yoan hit it 458 feet in his last at-bat. And he's a patient hitter, so even if he doesn't come through, he runs up Strasburg's pitch count and almost surely makes next inning his last.

And bunting with Reylo on two strikes? Even in situations where hitters should bunt (i.e. the pitcher is hitting), Ricky overdoes it like the simpleminded twit he is.

I hate Ricky so much. If there's any reason to root for team failure, it's so he gets shitcanned. Unfortunately, we'll probably hover just under .500 and the idiots in our FO will credit this idiot enough to let him keep his job. Embarrassing.

I hate Renteria as well. 

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Can't ask your players to do stuff they aren't capable of.  Rickie is a master at it.

What makes you think Reynaldo is capable of accomplishing anything against Strasburg by swinging away?