Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Man, fuck Ricky. Why would you send Leury there? Yoan hit it 458 feet in his last at-bat. And he's a patient hitter, so even if he doesn't come through, he runs up Strasburg's pitch count and almost surely makes next inning his last.

And bunting with Reylo on two strikes? Even in situations where hitters should bunt (i.e. the pitcher is hitting), Ricky overdoes it like the simpleminded twit he is.

I hate Ricky so much. If there's any reason to root for team failure, it's so he gets shitcanned. Unfortunately, we'll probably hover just under .500 and the idiots in our FO will credit this idiot enough to let him keep his job. Embarrassing.

I was thinking the same thing .let Moncada work the pitch count more. Ricky totally helping them out!

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

What makes you think Reynaldo is capable of accomplishing anything against Strasburg by swinging away?

If you want to be technical, his first at-bat would have sufficed.

• Like 1

Man, a lot of people in these game threads work really hard to suck any enjoyment out of anything. No wonder people don't come into these.

It's a good venting place. I can cry for joy and pick my kid up and run around the house like a happy lunatic when we do something great, but I can't (and don't want) to scream "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" in his and my wife's faces when we screw up. So I come here. You're welcome.

• Thanks 1

Man, a lot of people in these game threads work really hard to suck any enjoyment out of anything. No wonder people don't come into these.

THANK YOU!!!

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Bouncing out weakly which would have resulted in a double play?

It wouldn't have been two. Either way, telling him to bunt with two strikes is betting low on your own players. Show confidence.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

It's a good venting place. I can cry for joy and pick my kid up and run around the house like a happy lunatic when we do something great, but I can't (and don't want) to scream "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" in his and my wife's faces when we screw up. So I come here. You're welcome.

I agree somewhat. But Damn constantly?

Just now, The Sir said:

There's a difference between venting and finding any reason to injection something to b**** about.