Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

He is a human trackman.  He doesnt need to pay attention to those silicon diodes.  His eye tells him that the pitcher needs to drop velocity, throw strikes with that pitch that straightens out.  Then throw a cutter. 

Don't forget to throw a sinker that goes right into hitters happy zone

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Maybe in the offseason he can find his old coach to get him back to what he did that was successful.  When he was acquired I saw tape of him pitching against Atlanta.  That guy was electric.  Then coop happened.  And we have this.  I think Cooper has a specific type of guy he can fix.  We however have not acquired that guy since Thornton or Loaiza.  

Yep watch this and tell me wtf happened 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NZuF1UH5M-o

Considering Giolito’s old coach fixed him, what has Cooper done for any of our young guys?  I can’t stand how he tells guys to lower their velocity to pitch to contact and demands 6 innings no matter how many runs a starter gives up.  Maybe the game has passed Cooper by?  If this is true, we are all screwed because he has a job for life and he doesn’t seem like he wants to retire any time soon.

7 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Maybe in the offseason he can find his old coach to get him back to what he did that was successful.  When he was acquired I saw tape of him pitching against Atlanta.  That guy was electric.  Then coop happened.  And we have this.  I think Cooper has a specific type of guy he can fix.  We however have not acquired that guy since Thornton or Loaiza.  

That may be very true. It seems these guys get their deliveries messed up with Cooper way to often In the meantime we are getting crushed at 9-5. We needed some situational hitting in the top of this inning and flopped 

Edited by elrockinMT

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Considering Giolito’s old coach fixed him, what has Cooper done for any of our young guys?  I can’t stand how he tells guys to lower their velocity to pitch to contact and demands 6 innings no matter how many runs a starter gives up.  Maybe the game has passed Cooper by?  If this is true, we are all screwed because he has a job for life and he doesn’t seem like he wants to retire any time soon.

Honestly looking and listening to Cooper it's amazing he's only in his mid 60s. Health wise he appears almost done.  He is 63.  If you didn't know that you'd assume 70+ easy.  I know some pretty fit and active 60s, Cooper ain't it.

14 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Its time for Cooper to go.  However that isnt going to happen.  The success for this year is a guy who went back to a previous coach and reworked his arm climb on his own.  Tall and fall, sacrificing velocity, and throwing cutters and giving up your breaking pitches is not a formula for success anymore.

In a radio interview today Giolito gave credit to Cooper, Hasler and his high school coach. Primarily Cooper and Hasler as they work with mentally everyday. He said his problems last year were 90+ percent mental.

Just now, ptatc said:

In a radio interview today Giolito gave credit to Cooper, Hasler and his high school coach. Primarily Cooper and Hasler as they work with mentally everyday. He said his problems last year were 90+ percent mental.

Ironically it seems less mental and more approach based. Fewer curves, more high fastballs to set up the power change.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I heard the same interview.  Take a look at his arm climb and motion and compare it to last year.  Mental issues didnt all of a sudden change that to a short arm action.