***Day 3 MLB Draft Thread Rounds 11-40***

ChiSoxJon

More from PBR on him:

Another high-end athlete from the Sooner State is OF Logan Glass (Mustang HS, OK). Though his swing is still raw, his 6-foot-4, 217-pound right-handed hitter shows consistent power to all fields posting an exit velo of 96 mph. He also shows elite arm strength hitting 100 mph from the outfield and 92 from the mound. Glass also runs a 6.65 60.

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I don't expect Hampton or Leiter to sign. Not at this point.

No way Barco signs with the Mets this late either I would imagine. The Mets bonus pool has to be tapped out after selecting Allan?

Read this article on Jakob Goldfarb and I'm really happy for him:

https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20181003/surprised-by-not-being-drafted-jakob-goldfarb-switches-to-catcher-in-return-to-oregon-baseball

Wish there was a report on how he fared as a catcher. Good on that college coach, he was right on that converting to catcher would get him drafted.

edit: Goldfarb slashed .306/.415/.435 as a senior at Oregon.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Maybe he's insurance?

honestly that makes most sense. They basically would need to waste almost every other pick to sign both. and Allan for sure could bolt. But both of them do have that carrot of the Met's pitching aura the last few years. the hype has been nuts.

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Maybe he's insurance?

No way, if Allan does not sign the Mets would lose $667k in bonus pool money. They must have planned on Allan signing. 

Upon second look, I genuinely do not know if the Mets will be able to sign each of their top 4 picks...

Edited by steveno89