***Day 3 MLB Draft Thread Rounds 11-40***

ChiSoxJon

Britt.

Britt transferred to Colleyville (Texas) Heritage High for his senior year, joining Bobby Witt Jr., Mason Greer and Chandler Freeman on a loaded club. Britt has the best body of all of them, as he has a prototypical corner outfielder’s frame. He was a promising quarterback before he focused on baseball. Britt has plus power potential and is an above-average runner for now, although he’ll likely slow down as he gets older thanks to his size. His plus-plus arm is one of the best in the class from the outfield. Britt is an excellent athlete, but scouts have concerns about his hit tool, which may ensure he gets to Texas A&M.

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

Onto the international signings hopefully. Although the White Sox are not currently connected to any of the top 30 international prospects. I find that shocking since they had two years to prepare for this. 

THey are likely signing the #4 prospect from the 2018 class though 

I'm excited to see how the kids from PR develop, especially Torres. Really like hearing about his defensive ability and athleticism. D.J. Gladney sounds like a big boom-or-bust type prospect, the power is legit though. My interest is piqued by Sammy Peralta, great K/9 this year and seemed to lock in at the tail end of the season. Maybe he figured something out? Cameron Simmons could be a great buy-low guy, maybe he can have the same trajectory as Jason Coats. Highly regarded college prospect still coming back from a major injury. Not sure if he's signable but Logan Glass sounds very interesting.

So Madrigal, Walker, Pilkington, Stiever, and Bush made our top 30 right out of the draft, who does that/comes close to that this year? Vaughn, Thompson, Dalquist, Beard seem like locks to me with Torres, Gonzalez Acosta, and Gladney from the outside looking in...anyone else I'm missing?

Just now, ChiSoxJon said:

So Madrigal, Walker, Pilkington, Stiever, and Bush made our top 30 right out of the draft, who does that/comes close to that this year? Vaughn, Thompson, Dalquist, Beard seem like locks to me with Torres, Gonzalez Acosta, and Gladney from the outside looking in...anyone else I'm missing?

Peralta? Simmons? Glass/ Trenkle? Krogman? Which of the latter HSers sign and who doesn't?

On 6/5/2019 at 1:20 AM, ChiSoxJon said:

Not sure if he signs, but would like to take UNC RHSP Gianluca Dalatri at some point...broke a few of Matt Harvey's freshman records at UNC, but has been injury plagued (elbow, hip), should probably return to UNC for his SR year

DET took him in the 40th...I'd imagine he goes back to school

Usually Mike or Matt are the ones who usually make a thread updating the draft picks who sign with us. Are we doing that or...? Alot of posters here were very good in years past in finding stuff and posting it for FutureSox to update their list. 

15 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

THey are likely signing the #4 prospect from the 2018 class though 

Really Really hope we end up with more than just Yolbert Sanchez. Not being connected to any of the top 30 for 2019 is still concerning. Sanchez shouldn't cost mroe than $2 million or so? 

52 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Usually Mike or Matt are the ones who usually make a thread updating the draft picks who sign with us. Are we doing that or...? Alot of posters here were very good in years past in finding stuff and posting it for FutureSox to update their list. 

I'm hoping it's being done on Futuresox, otherwise we'll turn the crappy draft tracker thread I made and update it with the full 40 and open it up for comments and just crowdsource it.

Am I crazy or did I see a future sox tweet last night that seemed to indicate Logan Glass was going to sign with sox?

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm hoping it's being done on Futuresox, otherwise we'll turn the crappy draft tracker thread I made and update it with the full 40 and open it up for comments and just crowdsource it.

Am I crazy or did I see a future sox tweet last night that seemed to indicate Logan Glass was going to sign with sox?

Mustang's Logan Glass has been drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 22nd round (650th pick) as a center fielder. "It hasn't hit me yet," Glass said. "Yeah, I'm going." #okpreps #StangNation #WhiteSox

MLB_2019_Chicago.png

Glass is on board

Edited by steveno89

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah I couldn't tell if Yeah I'm Going was definitely toward white sox.

Alright let me pretty up the crappy draft tracker thread with all of em and open it up to goodies.

Maybe this is just me, but going to the minors on 22nd round money seems really irresponsible. 

11 minutes ago, mqr said:

Maybe this is just me, but going to the minors on 22nd round money seems really irresponsible. 

He'll probably get 125k, and I think sox work with guys to help them get degrees while playing.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Yeah I couldn't tell if Yeah I'm Going was definitely toward white sox.

Alright let me pretty up the crappy draft tracker thread with all of em and open it up to goodies.

I didn't know how to take that either.