Sox @ Nats (Covey vs Sanchez) 12:05 PM CT First Pitch

Richie

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea

Just making sure there wasn't more to the quote than I saw. 

But, man, bad tactics is one thing, throwing your guys under the bus instead of owning your mistake is an absolute no go. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I guess no ones perfect.

No one is, including Tim, even if he is going to be a great player. But he makes some frustrating errors.  That pop up was not an easy play, but it was a makeable one. Tim will make some outstanding and acrobatic plays, then short hop a throw or let a ground ball go under his glove. If he improves on the routine plays, he will be the true star he should be.

Bad series against a mediocre team. Today's pitcher wasn't exactly an All-Star yet he throttled the Sox. Three more errors today... inexcusable but the biggest mistake was using your closer in a non save situation. Bad mistake Rickey. Back to three under.

Hopefully better results in Kansas City.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Bad series against a mediocre team. Today's pitcher wasn't exactly an All-Star yet he throttled the Sox. Three more errors today... inexcusable but the biggest mistake was using your closer in a non save situation. Bad mistake Rickey. Back to three under.

Hopefully better results in Kansas City.

With no use for him yesterday and 2 offdays this week? I think almost any manager in the bigs would have put their closer out on the mound today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

No one is, including Tim, even if he is going to be a great player. But he makes some frustrating errors.  That pop up was not an easy play, but it was a makeable one. Tim will make some outstanding and acrobatic plays, then short hop a throw or let a ground ball go under his glove. If he improves on the routine plays, he will be the true star he should be.

Can't disagree.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

With no use for him yesterday and 2 offdays this week? I think almost any manager in the bigs would have put their closer out on the mound today. 

Balta: How many times have you seen that backfire? It's a different mind set apparently. I just don't believe in taking that risk.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Kimbrel a Cub multiyear. 

Wow...so much for them not wanting to continue to go into the Luxury Tax threshold. Those guys want to win and the hell with everything else. Have to admire them for that attitude.