Sox @ Nats (Covey vs Sanchez) 12:05 PM CT First Pitch

Richie

Why is that SO F'ING PREDICTABLE? 

Immediately upon realizing that Castillo had no prayer at scoring on Tilson's base hit. Why did we all just know what awaited us? 

Just now, Richie said:

Immediately upon realizing that Castillo had no prayer at scoring on Tilson's base hit. Why did we all just know what awaited us? 

pretty much.  HORRIBLE AB for Anderson...

Just now, Richie said:

I was actually confident, as I think Sox have been ok with RISP

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Was that as unfortunate as it sounded

Yeah, Yolmer squared one up down the line. Rendon was hugging it, stuck his glove out and it stuck. Momentum carried him right into the bag. Nothing Castillo could do to get back.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I was actually confident, as I think Sox have been ok with RISP

If anyone had been due up besides Anderson. Who (despite his improvement) still has a K rate near 20%. I would have felt fine... but alas... I knew he waited on-deck. 

Just now, Richie said:

Get back to one game of .500... collapse back to 3 or 4 under. Standard. 

When you have one reliable starter, this stuff happens. Maybe a slump now is for the best before Hahn fools himself into trying to contend this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

When you have one reliable starter, this stuff happens. Maybe a slump now is for the best before Hahn fools himself into trying to contend this year.

Even if we remain in the wild card hunt. I highly doubt Hahn would make a move which would compromise our team's potential through the early 2020's. I don't think it is of any consequence if we compete. 

Edited by Richie

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

Even if we remain in the wild card hunt. I highly doubt Hahn would make a move which would compromise our team's potential through the early 2020's. I don't think it is of any consequence if we compete. 

I would say less about Hahn acquiring someone and more about not getting assets back for Colome, Abreu, etc

• Like 1