When Madrigal gets to the White Sox...

KnightsOnMintSt

49 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Yes, I feel like he’s getting the lead off guy to third, stealing second, and getting the #3 hitter a free walk to load the bases or ducks on the old pond.  

Robert is so fast.  I’m leaning towards him being leadoff so he can easily score on a Madrigal double or easily take third on a single.  

It's a good problem to have, because Madrigal's skills also play well in the 9 hole, where he could serve as a "second" leadoff hitter, getting on base in front of Robert.

The downside of Madrigal hitting in the 2 hole is it pushes Moncada, Jimenez, Vaughn, Collins, Anderson, etc. further down the lineup, and limiting their at bats over the course of the season in favor of a player who may ultimately settle in as a .700-.750 OPS guy.

While attempting to piece together a future lineup, it is so easy to dream on it. There are so many possibilities. If you pencil in guys like Madrigal, Vaughn, Robert and Collins, it could be nuts. DH isn't even filled unless Eloy moves there. I like Madrigal leading off if he hits his ceiling, so my lineup looked something like this:

Madrigal 2B
Robert CF
Moncada 3B
Jimenez LF
Vaughn 1B
Abreu DH? 
Anderson SS
McCann/Collins C
RF Hopefully someone speedy. Leury/Cordell/Tilson are great options if the latter two hit their ceilings or Leury stays as is. Then there's guys like Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford, Walker, Gonzalez... you have to imagine at least one of this giant group will pan out.

This could be the best lineup in the AL in short order. 

6 minutes ago, South Sider said:

While attempting to piece together a future lineup, it is so easy to dream on it. There are so many possibilities. If you pencil in guys like Madrigal, Vaughn, Robert and Collins, it could be nuts. DH isn't even filled unless Eloy moves there. I like Madrigal leading off if he hits his ceiling, so my lineup looked something like this:

Madrigal 2B
Robert CF
Moncada 3B
Jimenez LF
Vaughn 1B
Abreu DH? 
Anderson SS
McCann/Collins C
RF Hopefully someone speedy. Leury/Cordell/Tilson are great options if the latter two hit their ceilings or Leury stays as is. Then there's guys like Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford, Walker, Gonzalez... you have to imagine at least one of this giant group will pan out.

This could be the best lineup in the AL in short order. 

Collins will have to be the DH quite often IMO. McCann is the far superior defensive catcher

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

That works for me as long as Collins hits his ceiling. an OBP slugging machine in the 6, 7 or 8 spot? Sign me up. 

Definitely. It's one of those "problems" that really isn't a problem. A good problem to have.