6/7 White Sox @ Royals (7:15 PM)

Just now, gusguyman said:

Are you criticizing him for NOT being a fair-weather fan? What?

I'd like to not see him post a negative thought on each of his posts. It's gotten to the point where 98/100 posts of his are negative. Idea: don't fucking watch

1 minute ago, Baron said:

It does. That Manny saga made them look like fools though. Especially their comments after. 

Meh, you're trying to make the FO look stupid when, since the Sale trade, they really have done everything right less Manny.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

17 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

On a side note, I can’t believe that I have to choose between:

1)Ed Farmer and DJ grouching at each other while they barely keep up with describing live action faster than an app on auto refresh,

and

2)Steve and Jason constantly laughing at each other while trying to out cornball themselves

cant we just have one set of normal broadcasters at some point in my lifetime 

Great post you are right on both 

1 minute ago, Baron said:

It does. That Manny saga made them look like fools though. Especially their comments after. 

I didn't like the long drawn out saga either.  We do it to ourselves when we speculate for weeks.  FO only said they felt good about their chances.  We let that become some kind of already done deal.  I especially didn't like some FA's slipping past us while we pursued them.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Bailey is hanging everything 

Can't imagine he's long for this game. The next inning, in theory, would be one to jump on him.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Cordell has such a long swing that it has to kill his timing only playing once or twice a week 

He'll be playing more often here pretty soon in Charlotte when Jay comes back.

5 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Meh, you're trying to make the FO look stupid when, since the Sale trade, they really have done everything right less Manny.

They did that to themselves. That was their biggest test and they thought they had it wrapped up. They invited the hype. 

Edited by Baron

1 minute ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Nothing I said was wrong.

How about the front office remove the relic of a pitching coach that has consistently produced bad staffs the last 6 years or so and seemingly refuses to accept how baseball is played now?  When I made the post, that was more of what I was focusing on when I said there is no real hope for actual change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I didn't like the long drawn out saga either.  We do it to ourselves when we speculate for weeks.  FO only said they felt good about their chances.  We let that become some kind of already done deal.  I especially didn't like some FA's slipping past us while we pursued them.

Manny was waiting for the highest offer. Padres swooped in and added $50M to the highest offer. It's entirely possible he never gave the Sox a chance to match

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Can't imagine he's long for this game. The next inning, in theory, would be one to jump on him.

He'll be playing more often here pretty soon in Charlotte when Jay comes back.

I certainly hope not.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

How about the front office remove the relic of a pitching coach that has consistently produced bad staffs the last 6 years or so and seemingly refuses to accept how baseball is played now?  When I made the post, that was more of what I was focusing on when I said there is no real hope for actual change.

You can fire Renteria, but keeping Cooper is defensible.  Sorry, it just is.

I get your point, but we have to stop acting like the rebuild isn't working.  It's working.  It's evident.  And the execution of the rebuild is a positive mark for the front office.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Manny was waiting for the highest offer. Padres swooped in and added $50M to the highest offer. It's entirely possible he never gave the Sox a chance to match

Don’t buy the excuses. The Sox thought Manny’s camp was bluffing and they didn’t have a 300 offer, IMO.  It was a blown negotiation, end of story.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Eloy Jiménez said:

Except in no way was that their biggest test.

Let me amend that and say their biggest test so far and they failed it miserably. Hahn has alot of work to do still and there's plenty reason to doubt he's going to get the players we need to finish this. 

• Like 1