6/7 White Sox @ Royals (7:15 PM)

• bmags pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

.............whyyyyyyyyy is he so obsessed with putting a catcher at cleanup

And batting Tim Anderson 7th (I get the whole TA7 thing, but I don't even think Tim is that obsessed with 7 everything).

I don't get how Homer Bailey still has employment in baseball. Must be a real nice fella to have around as company.

Nova needs to just not blow up and I like our chances tonight. I'll go ahead and say Yoan stays hot with a couple of XBH's in a juicy matchup. 

We really need to get back in the win column after two extremely frustrating losses in Washington. That was the kind of series that can start a tumble. You can already feel the little bit of wind it took out of our sails following a really nice week. 

Edited by Richie

55 minutes ago, Richie said:

I don't get how Homer Bailey still has employment in baseball. Must be a real nice fella to have around as company.

Nova needs to just not blow up and I like our chances tonight. I'll go ahead and say Yoan stays hot with a couple of XBH's in a juicy matchup. 

We really need to get back in the win column after two extremely frustrating losses in Washington. That was the kind of series that can start a tumble. You can already feel the little bit of wind it took out of our sails following a really nice week. 

Then you should also wonder how Nova, Lopez, and Banuelos are drawing a paycheck.  Their ERA's are all higher than Homer's.  In Banuelos' case, much higher. 

15 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Then you should also wonder how Nova, Lopez, and Banuelos are drawing a paycheck.  Their ERA's are all higher than Homer's.  In Banuelos' case, much higher. 

I don't have to wonder this, at all. It's actually not even remotely similar. Homer Bailey has had an ERA over 6 each of the past FOUR seasons. An ERA over 5.50 each of the past FIVE seasons. Combined his ERA is over six in those 5 seasons. 

His WHIP in those seasons were 1.7, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6 and now 1.5. He has surrendered 12, 13, 11, 12 and 10 hits per 9 innings. 

Last year he went 1-14 with a 6.09 ERA. This year he has a 6.05 ERA. ERA's of 6.43 6.65 and 5.56 in the seasons prior. 

Nova has been an above average starter his entire career until his sudden struggles in the first half of 2019. Last year he had a 4.19 ERA with a 1.2 WHIP. The year prior a 4.14. The year prior a 4.17. With WHIP's of 1.2 1.2 and 1.2.

Lopez is a young, developing pitcher with coming off a season where he produced a 3.91 ERA and a 1.2 WHIP.

Manny Banuelos is a career minor league pitcher with 13 career Major League starts to his name at age 28. I think everyone realizes he does not belong in a Major League rotation. He has remained in the White Sox rotation due to the extent of injuries endured to the staff and may not for much longer. The White Sox, at no point, came into 2019 with the idea of having Manny Banuelos in the rotation. He is a temporary (albeit extremely inefficient) Band-Aid. He will likely never get another look as an MLB starter again. 

Homer Bailey is 33 years old and you can make the argument he has been the single worst pitcher to start in the MLB on an extended basis... every season... for four consecutive seasons. Yet, he was brought into be apart of a Major League rotation. I do not think I need to explain the difference between that and any of the three pitchers you named. Especially Nova and Lopez. For crying out loud. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Richie said:

I don't have to wonder this, at all. It's actually not even remotely similar. Homer Bailey has had an ERA over 6 each of the past FOUR seasons. An ERA over 5.50 each of the past FIVE seasons. Combined his ERA is over six in those 5 seasons. 

His WHIP in those seasons were 1.7, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6 and now 1.5. He has surrendered 12, 13, 11, 12 and 10 hits per 9 innings. 

Last year he went 1-14 with a 6.09 ERA. This year he has a 6.05 ERA. ERA's of 6.43 6.65 and 5.56 in the seasons prior. 

Nova has been an above average starter his entire career until his sudden struggles in the first half of 2019. Last year he had a 4.19 ERA with a 1.2 WHIP. The year prior a 4.14. The year prior a 4.17. With WHIP's of 1.2 1.2 and 1.2.

Lopez is a young, developing pitcher with coming off a season where he produced a 3.91 ERA and a 1.2 WHIP.

Manny Banuelos is a career minor league pitcher with 13 career Major League starts to his name at age 28. I think everyone realizes he does not belong in a Major League rotation. He has remained in the White Sox rotation due to the extent of injuries endured to the staff and may not for much longer. The White Sox, at no point, came into 2019 with the idea of having Manny Banuelos in the rotation. He is a temporary (albeit extremely inefficient) Band-Aid. He will likely never get another look as an MLB starter again. 

Homer Bailey is 33 years old and you can make the argument he has been the single worst pitcher to start in the MLB on an extended basis... every season... for four consecutive seasons. Yet, he was brought into be apart of a Major League rotation. I do not think I need to explain the difference between that and any of the three pitchers you named. Especially Nova and Lopez. For crying out loud. lol

well damn.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

well damn.

Yeah, it may have been a bit much. I admit. lol

Unnecessarily harsh, but eh well... Sorry @Bubba

I play daily fantasy every day during baseball season and have been stacking hitters against Homer Bailey for years. I've watched him a lot. The extent of his shittiness is unparalleled among regular Major League starters. 

10 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yeah, it may have been a bit much. I admit. lol

Unnecessarily harsh, but eh well... Sorry @Bubba

I play daily fantasy every day during baseball season and have been stacking hitters against Homer Bailey for years. I've watched him a lot. The extent of his shittiness is unparalleled among regular Major League starters. 

I wonder if we will beat him tonight.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I wonder if we will beat him tonight.

I hope. Comes down to what we get out of Nova. It shouldn't be a struggle to post a handful of runs. 

But who knows...