6/7 White Sox @ Royals (7:15 PM)

1 minute ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Based on posts here, I'm watching and you're waving the Bible trying to troll the thread.

No I'm not trolling. I think the constant b****ing is considered trolling more than anything....

• Love 1

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I get that. It aggravates me too. But c'mon man over and over?

I think it’s just a hopeless feeling for many of us about the continued stupidity of the front office, including the manager without any true hope changes will occur

6 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Let's just make two game threads from now on: one for optimists, one for pessimists. I don't think either group will miss the other.

Honestly that's probably not a bad idea.

Just now, fathom said:

I think it’s just a hopeless feeling for many of us about the continued stupidity of the front office, including the manager without any true hope changes will occur

I get that too. And I concur. But there is some good players coming and a few starting to get there. I focus on that. I know its frustrating but we all know its a rebuild

Just now, JoshPR said:

I get that too. And I concur. But there is some good players coming and a few starting to get there. I focus on that. I know its frustrating but we all know its a rebuild

I actually disagree with his "stupid front office" crack.  If anything, the fruits of this rebuild indicate they know exactly what they're doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richie said:

I don't have to wonder this, at all. It's actually not even remotely similar. Homer Bailey has had an ERA over 6 each of the past FOUR seasons. An ERA over 5.50 each of the past FIVE seasons. Combined his ERA is over six in those 5 seasons. 

His WHIP in those seasons were 1.7, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6 and now 1.5. He has surrendered 12, 13, 11, 12 and 10 hits per 9 innings. 

Last year he went 1-14 with a 6.09 ERA. This year he has a 6.05 ERA. ERA's of 6.43 6.65 and 5.56 in the seasons prior. 

Nova has been an above average starter his entire career until his sudden struggles in the first half of 2019. Last year he had a 4.19 ERA with a 1.2 WHIP. The year prior a 4.14. The year prior a 4.17. With WHIP's of 1.2 1.2 and 1.2.

Lopez is a young, developing pitcher with coming off a season where he produced a 3.91 ERA and a 1.2 WHIP.

Manny Banuelos is a career minor league pitcher with 13 career Major League starts to his name at age 28. I think everyone realizes he does not belong in a Major League rotation. He has remained in the White Sox rotation due to the extent of injuries endured to the staff and may not for much longer. The White Sox, at no point, came into 2019 with the idea of having Manny Banuelos in the rotation. He is a temporary (albeit extremely inefficient) Band-Aid. He will likely never get another look as an MLB starter again. 

Homer Bailey is 33 years old and you can make the argument he has been the single worst pitcher to start in the MLB on an extended basis... every season... for four consecutive seasons. Yet, he was brought into be apart of a Major League rotation. I do not think I need to explain the difference between that and any of the three pitchers you named. Especially Nova and Lopez. For crying out loud. lol

Epic analysis. Yeah, a bit harsh directed to a fellow Sox fan, but the former litigator in me enjoyed it more than I probably should admit. 

While I agree that Homer Bailey is clearly an All Star in sustained suckitude (starting pitcher division), the All Star MVP in my opinion is the White Sox’s own Jamie Navarro. 

He was the Lou Gehrig of non-quality starts. His 4 year run of failure from 1997 - 2000 (the first three with the Sox) was beyond putrid. No, I can’t even bring myself to post the stats. Look it up, if you dare. 

And where Navarro laps Bailey is he was horrible AND durable. He never missed a chance to dig a hole for his teammates. 

Similar in that they got chance after chance because of a “good stuff” reputation and some early to mid career success (a bit more for Navarro). 

Anyway, good times. I remember more than a few posts here advocating grabbing Bailey from the Reds. Some of the best moves are the moves never made!

Carry on (or should I say, carrion). 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I agree with your points. And help is on the way.  sometimes it's just hard to be patient year after year that's all. I love James McCann by the way!