Sox Claim Jimmy Cordero; Rodon shifted to 60 day IL

ChiSox59

He's really bounced around htis year.  DFA'd by the Nats on 5/9, claimed by the Jays on 5/15, DFA'd by the Jays on 5/25, claimed by the Mariners on 5/28.  Looks like the M's tried to slip him through waivers, and Sox claimed him.

5.82 career ERA in the bigs across 21.2 IP.  1 to 1 K to BB ratio. 

Has not pitched well in AAA this season either. 

Is it correct that the Sox cannot place Delmonico or Adolfo on the 60 day IL, even though they're both out for the season? My understanding is that the player must be on the active MLB roster (and MLB IL) in order to put on the 60 day IL. 

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is it correct that the Sox cannot place Delmonico or Adolfo on the 60 day IL, even though they're both out for the season? My understanding is that the player must be on the active MLB roster (and MLB IL) in order to put on the 60 day IL. 

The Sox should just DFA Delmonico. He had his chance and has proven that he cannot stay healthy. Time to move on.

1 hour ago, bjm676 said:

Good,  the Sox need more pitchers who can't throw strikes.

Can always DFA him again if they don't like him.  No reason to not that flyers on guys when you have open 40 man spots.  

It is simply amazing to me the number of guys the Sox have claimed over the past several years from other teams. I wonder how many guys the Sox cut were claimed by someone else just as a comparison. 

Just frustrating that so many cast off's are claimed who do very little if anything with the Sox. You'd think at least in year three (or is it four) of the rebuild the Sox wouldn't have to be so eager to take other teams (for wont of a better word) garbage.

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It is simply amazing to me the number of guys the Sox have claimed over the past several years from other teams. I wonder how many guys the Sox cut were claimed by someone else just as a comparison. 

Just frustrating that so many cast off's are claimed who do very little if anything with the Sox. You'd think at least in year three (or is it four) of the rebuild the Sox wouldn't have to be so eager to take other teams (for wont of a better word) garbage.

They kick the tires on a lot of wrecks...most are here for a very brief look.

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Looking for lighting in a bottle... That does aggravate me about the sox.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:42 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

On 6/8/2019 at 7:28 AM, JoshPR said:

Looking for lighting in a bottle... That does aggravate me about the sox.

Guys...it’s a waiver claim. There is literally no cost to do so if you have a 40 man spot. There is no harm in claiming guys whatsoever. If you don’t like the guy after you’ve had him for a bit, DFA him when you need the spot. He may get claimed, or he may not in which case you get to keep him in the organization and he doesn’t take up a 40 man spot. There is zero risk. 

This really is not that complicated of a concept to grasp.  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Guys...it’s a waiver claim. There is literally no cost to do so if you have a 40 man spot. There is no harm in claiming guys whatsoever. If you don’t like the guy after you’ve had him for a bit, DFA him when you need the spot. He may get claimed, or he may not in which case you get to keep him in the organization and he doesn’t take up a 40 man spot. There is zero risk. 

This really is not that complicated of a concept to grasp.  

Dude I know.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:42 AM, Lip Man 1 said:

You complained about the Sox having so many injuries in another thread. Maybe, just maybe, these two things are somewhat connected?