Is Ricky Renteria once again simply a placeholder manager?

ron883

Is Ricky Renteria once again simply a placeholder manager?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ricky Renteria once again simply a placeholder manager?

• Yes, he will be replaced when the team is competitive
    • No, the front office believes in him

• 3 months later...

Padres just fired their manager. Here is their official statement:

"I want to thank Andy for his tireless work and dedication to the Padres over the last four seasons," Preller said in the statement. "This was an incredibly difficult decision, but one we felt was necessary at this time to take our organization to the next level and expedite the process of bringing a championship to San Diego. Our search for a new manager will begin immediately."

I wonder if the Sox will eventually do the same. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Padres just fired their manager. Here is their official statement:

"I want to thank Andy for his tireless work and dedication to the Padres over the last four seasons," Preller said in the statement. "This was an incredibly difficult decision, but one we felt was necessary at this time to take our organization to the next level and expedite the process of bringing a championship to San Diego. Our search for a new manager will begin immediately."

I wonder if the Sox will eventually do the same. 

Padres FO is ahead of ours in a variety of ways. I'd bet Greg's house on it not happening. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Padres FO is ahead of ours in a variety of ways. I'd bet Greg's house on it not happening. 

Indeed.  Sad to see another team’s front office clown the Sox twice and then make a move that the Sox should be making.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Frank and Ozzie were complaining about all the lineup changes in the previous post game show. I don't remember the exact numbers but I saw a stat showing the Sox only had the same line up a few times all season. 

Not defending his lineup choices in how he structured the lineups, but it was damn near impossible for him to keep the same lineup all season due to injuries and players being moved in and out

In todays Sun Times Renteria  said the organization has to go outside and acquire some players for next season. He said that this will be a very important off season for the White Sox.  It will be interesting how this plays out. I don't think they're going to spend a lot of money to sign free agents but we shall see.