White Sox @ Royals 1:15pm CST. Giolito vs Keller

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm confident that despite the TJ, Dunning is going to be a solid middle of the rotation piece too. He's got the fire and the makeup. Maybe a late 2020 guy.

Him coming back strong would be so huge. Best case scenario he slides into that 3rd/4th slot and makes the need for a TOR FA a luxury 

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I'm confident that despite the TJ, Dunning is going to be a solid middle of the rotation piece too. He's got the fire and the makeup. Maybe a late 2020 guy.

When the Eaton trade happened, I remember some expert saying he would not be surprised if Dunning was the best of the 3...not happening now but if we have a #1 and any other rotation piece, that is a great trade!!

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Call them the Tommy John quartet.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

When the Eaton trade happened, I remember some expert saying he would not be surprised if Dunning was the best of the 3...not happening now but if we have a #1 and any other rotation piece, that is a great trade!!

I still think it was the best trade Hahn made, moreso than the Sale and Quintana trades.  Adam Eaton is a very good player but he is always an injury waiting to happen.  To get three potential rotation starters for one good but not star OF is amazing.  I still have faith in Lopez panning out due to last year but even if he can’t hack it as a starter, he could still make it as a dominant reliever.

Just now, daggins said:

Next year's White Sox could turn over 3/5 of the rotation and end up among the best in baseball. Just gotta get Kopech healthy and keep Cease healthy (and sign Cole lol)

It's a plan...lets do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I still think it was the best trade Hahn made, moreso than the Sale and Quintana trades.  Adam Eaton is a very good player but he is always an injury waiting to happen.  To get three potential rotation starters for one good but not star OF is amazing.  I still have faith in Lopez panning out due to last year but even if he can’t hack it as a starter, he could still make it as a dominant reliever.

Absolutely agree.  Lopez was not rated high by some because they thought he was destined to be a reliever.  We will need a great bullpen to compete and if he is part of that great.

Edited by wegner

16 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Nearly. Sale was doing it far longer and had more double digit K's per outing. But he's very close. 

100%.  Let's pump the brakes for a moment here.   Lucas with a great 2 month run so far, but Sale was a top 3 ML SP for a nice 4- 5 year run for us.  

Let's hope Lucas gets to those levels. 

• Like 1