White Sox @ Royals 1:15pm CST. Giolito vs Keller

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Nobody gives me credit for giolito. I defended him more than anybody during his dark times. I was his #1 supporter by far

People forget because you are mostly nonsensical.  Your irrational hatred of a good player in Abreu makes no sense so no one pays attention to your other opinions.

Just like me when I rage on Jerry, Kenny, and Hahn.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

People forget because you are mostly nonsensical.  Your irrational hatred of a good player in Abreu makes no sense so no one pays attention to your other opinions.

Just like me when I rage on Jerry, Kenny, and Hahn.

Well, except that those guys deserve it.

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I still think it was the best trade Hahn made, moreso than the Sale and Quintana trades.  Adam Eaton is a very good player but he is always an injury waiting to happen.  To get three potential rotation starters for one good but not star OF is amazing.  I still have faith in Lopez panning out due to last year but even if he can’t hack it as a starter, he could still make it as a dominant reliever.

I still think the Quintana deal for what Cease and Eloy could become is the biggest robbery he's done. 

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I still think the Quintana deal for what Cease and Eloy could become is the biggest robbery he's done. 

In other words...Hahn has done several very nice trades.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

In other words...Hahn has done several very nice trades.

Uh yeah.   The fact that Giolito, Kopech, and Cease are all from different trades is awesome.  And two of those guys came as a result of Hahn's forward thinking contract negotiations with Quintana, Sale.  The crazy thing is our two brightest fielding stars came in those trades as well.

At this point, the fire rick and kenny crowd is 95% meatheads.  

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Uh yeah.   The fact that Giolito, Kopech, and Cease are all from different trades is awesome.  And two of those guys came as a result of Hahn's forward thinking contract negotiations with Quintana, Sale.  The crazy thing is our two brightest fielding stars came in those trades as well.

Well...I didn't say anything about meatheads.😁

Trades are one thing but look at Kenny’s draft picks over the years and look at Hahn’s FA signings.

As good as the player extension and trade acquisitions have been, they have not made up for the awful free agent and draft acquisition. This might be more of an indictment of their scouting and player development, but also, who put those guys in place?

But it's a balance.   Yes, these are all solid trades for the rebuild.   But where has that acquired trade talent been supplemented by drafting and free agency? 

1/3 does not do the job. 

Need to see better results from the draft and more important free agency.   

Just now, daggins said:

As good as the player extension and trade acquisitions have been, they have not made up for the awful free agent and draft acquisition. This might be more of an indictment of their scouting and player development, but also, who put those guys in place?

You mean like James McCann and Alex Colome?

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

But it's a balance.   Yes, these are all solid trades for the rebuild.   But where has that acquired trade talent been supplemented by drafting and free agency? 

1/3 does not do the job. 

Need to see better results from the draft and more important free agency.   

Also, are we counting Luis Robert, the best performer in the minors basically for any team as a free agent signing?  I mean, it wasn't a draft pick.

And JR opened the checkbook for him.

Also, are we counting Luis Robert, the best performer in the minors basically for any team as a free agent signing?  I mean, it wasn't a draft pick.

And JR opened the checkbook for him.

That's a a legit Free Agent signing, can't disagree there.   But we need more of that, lots more.   Especially when scouting/drafting/development is still a giant question mark.   

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Trades are one thing but look at Kenny’s draft picks over the years and look at Hahn’s FA signings.

Anderson-Rodon-Collins-Madrigal don't particularly scream terrible to me.

In this "What have you done for me lately?" league, Hahn has done fine.

"What have you done for me lately"  goes only for winning.    Not a lot of winning happening on the South Side for a very long time. 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

"What have you done for me lately"  goes only for winning.    Not a lot of winning happening on the South Side for a very long time. 

I mean, they have won 9 more games this year than the same time last year.