White Sox @ Royals 1:15pm CST. Giolito vs Keller

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Not a good excuse. You give the White Sox org too much credit and leeway. 

I think Hahn is doing a good job on the whole.  Like most people he has bosses to report to.  I think Kenney is the problem because he continues to have Jerry's ear.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I think Hahn is doing a good job on the whole.  Like most people he has bosses to report to.  I think Kenney is the problem because he continues to have Jerry's ear.

So strange how some people treat Hahn like he has no say in anything (except good moves, of course)

Just now, poppysox said:

You don't know that for sure though. Blaming the failures on Kenny is a cop out for Rick Hahn IMO. As a whole, I don't see how anybody can think this front office has done a good job. 

26 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You don't know that for sure though. Blaming the failures on Kenny is a cop out for Rick Hahn IMO. As a whole, I don't see how anybody can think this front office has done a good job. 

Do you or don't you feel this White Sox team will be a top contender within the next two years?  Hahn gave us this time table.  Hold him accountable when he doesn't deliver.  These moment by moment snapshots are rather meaningless.  We both know that Jay, Alonso, Nova and others weren't brought in to be part of the eventual contenting team.  I suspect we like the same players and dislike the same players.  Go get the two best starting pitchers we can afford and a solid right fielder and I'll take my chances.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Do you or don't you feel this White Sox team will be a top contender within the next two years?  Hahn gave us this time table.  Hold him accountable when he doesn't deliver.  These moment by moment snapshots are rather meaningless.  We both know that Jay, Alonso, Nova and others weren't brought in to be part of the eventual contenting team.  I suspect we like the same players and dislike the same players.  Go get the two best starting pitchers we can afford and a solid right fielder and I'll take my chances.

Sox brass has not proven they can effectively bring in premier free agents to support their core roster.  Until we see that financial commitment to go with strong scouting, there absolutely should be questions about this team’s ability to compete. I think the Twins have a chance to be a real pain in the ass again for the next few seasons.

39 minutes ago, ron883 said:

My money is on Kenny, mainly for attendance woes, 19 years of incompetent scouting and drafting, organizational mismanagement, and he seems content with it.  They should hand the reins over to Hahn and promote Kenny to a team ambassador.