White Sox @ Royals 1:15pm CST. Giolito vs Keller

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox brass has not proven they can effectively bring in premier free agents to support their core roster.  Until we see that financial commitment to go with strong scouting, there absolutely should be questions about this team’s ability to compete. I think the Twins have a chance to be a real pain in the ass again for the next few seasons.

I tend to believe premier players are best acquired through developing prospect and trades.  Free agents would be best used to plug holes with competent major league tested players but not necessarily the high priced ones.  Every team as at least some restrictions on spending and we certainly do.  Seems to me the best way to maximize your talent pool with somewhat limited resources.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I tend to believe premier players are best acquired through developing prospect and trades.  Free agents would be best used to plug holes with competent major league tested players but not necessarily the high priced ones.  Every team as at least some restrictions on spending and we certainly do.  Seems to me the best way to maximize your talent pool with somewhat limited resources.

Yep, Jermaine Dye was one of the best ever FA acquisitions in Chicago sports.