What options does Renteria have with Yonder Alonso?

TBrown54

11 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I think you and Balta could be onto something.  Didn’t the friends and family recruitment backfire after Machado signed in San Diego and a story came out that both Jay and Alonso praised their time in San Diego and told Machado about how good of an organization they were to play for?

EDIT:  Yep, here’s the story...

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/white-soxs-attempts-to-recruit-machado-may-have-backfired-as-alonso-jay-spoke-highly-of-san-diego/

Be nice if they could join him there.

9 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

We can trade Alonso and Wellington Castillo and Sanchez to the D Backs for 1rst round pick, 7th overall of the 2017 Draft, Pavin Smith.

Wow. Why in the heck would any team want those 3 players you mentioned? Their fanbase would erupt in anger.

Yonder Alonso is dogshit. It's embarrassing that the FO can't swallow their pride, admit their mistake and DFA him already. What will come from playing him? Nobody will trade for him. He hurts your team. Skole, Collins, or Palka should be played so we can see what they got. It's just a complete joke. 

• Love 1

It's pretty nuts even by Sox standards this guy is still on the roster. He would have been DFA'd by the Indians by now if he was still over there. He has no business stealing anymore ABs, bring Mendick up if you don't want to expose Collins and have a rotating DH.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

We can trade Alonso and Wellington Castillo and Sanchez to the D Backs for 1rst round pick, 7th overall of the 2017 Draft, Pavin Smith.

That reminds me of the trades we thought up as kids.  I give you all my crapola and you give me your star.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

That reminds me of the trades we thought up as kids.  I give you all my crapola and you give me your star.

It’s a video game trade where the computer initially laughs and disagrees that it’s fair but your override if anyways.

• Haha 1

Yeah Collins needs to be getting at bats between 1B, DH, and catching a couple games a week (with 3 catchers on the roster, you can give McCann rest at DH when Collins starts behind the plate) while also working on becoming a better defender on the side working with McCann and Castillo (hey, he's been around for a while so he should be someone he can go to for advice). 

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Bringing up Collins and some of these other guys should have been done weeks ago.  I don't need to see Rondon or Alonso or Castillo have 1 more PA this year.  

Bring up Cease, Robert, Madrigal and Collins.  I'll bet fans would find that very entertaining.

11 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Bring up Cease, Robert, Madrigal and Collins.  I'll bet fans would find that very entertaining.

Madrigal and Robert I would think would be next year (Madrigal for sure, Robert maybe this year though I prefer mid-April next year). 

Collins, Cease and even Mendick (play him at 2B) ASAP please.

4 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I wonder if Alonso is going to be benched and replaced by Jon Jay.

That's also what I thought. At least gives the roster a bit more flexibility. Although, they could send Cordell and his low avg and obp down. I also checked his splits to see if he was hitting lefties. He is not. Granted, I would still prefer him on the roster over Jay and Alonso.

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s crazy is we’re a game under .500 and playing him neither helps in the short-run or long-run.  Absolutely mind boggling and my guess is Hahn/KW sold the trade as a baseball move to Jerry and not the Machado sweetener we all know it was.

To be fair...I don't think any of us saw Alonso stinking up the place to this level.

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

Arizona may need some pieces to compete for the wild card, which they are only 2 games back.  Toss in Micker Adolfo.

Edited by Chisox378