White Sox @ Royals 1:15 pm CST Lopez vs Sparkman

Kyyle23

All I know is when this guy finally figures it out, I hope he's still with the Sox.

He's not Juan Marichial in his prime.

It he was, you sure wouldn't have  gotten him and Gio for friggin Adam Eaton. 

They are Works In Progress.

The Nats were built to win today.

Edited by GradMc

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I pulled stats "out of my butt?" I was off by ONE at bat. That's some serious skill and my anus must be pretty lucky.

Honest to god dude, you're completely miserable. You come onto this forum daily and act foolish by making ridiculous claims and predictions. You clearly can't stand anything that's going on with this organization, so why even bother?

You said he's been hitting .375. The time frame you stated produced a record of 11 for 37, which is ,297. The time frame you then amended it to gave a record of 11 for 33. To hit .375, it'd need to be 11 for 29 (which is .379). You were off by four at bats, even on your second attempt. Don't be off by four at bats.

I've loved this team since I was six. I will always root for this team. I want this team to be GREAT. The thing is...the management consistently makes this team bad. They've failed for ten years to anything. I wouldn't last ten years at my job if I sucked at it. Why should we give them ANY leeway? To make this franchise good, which is probably the thing I want most on this planet after the health and wealth of myself, my wife, and my kids, I think somebody else should be running the show. Hating Rick Hahn, Kenny Williams, Jerry Reinsdorf, and Rick Renteria does not make me an unsuitable Sox fan.

• Like 2

Lopez's curve is a much better pitch than his slider. It looks like he's bringing the cutter/curveball combo back. I don't understand why he went away from that as it worked so well last year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 3

Bad pitch to Soler imo but Lopez’s curve has been really good today. We haven’t seen it at all lately and if he is gonna recover from his horrendous start to this year, that curve will be a big reason why 

• Like 1

Just now, Chris Sale said:

Bad pitch to Soler imo but Lopez’s curve has been really good today. We haven’t seen it at all lately and if he is gonna recover from his horrendous start to this year, that curve will be a big reason why 

Yeah, the curve has been good. I hope he throws it more moving forward. I believe the homer to Soler was a change and he wasn't fooled one bit

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, the curve has been good. I hope he throws it more moving forward. I believe the homer to Soler was a change and he wasn't fooled one bit

He's a much better pitcher with the cutter/curveball combo rather than slider/changeup. 

Curve/cutter vs rhb and change/cutter vs lhb and he should be fine. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m unable to watch the game, but is there an easy way to tell how much he’s thrown each pitch today?  The talk of increased curveball usage is very promising to me.

He's ditched the slider and is going with a cutter and curve. I think that he's using a cutter because it has a different speed and movement profile than his slider. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Moncada is locked in. He's striking out a lot less. I can't wait for the upcoming XBH binge. 

Can't wait till he puts it together (patience aka walks with the aggressiveness aka hits).

I just wish Ricky would be aggressive with him on the base paths. Kid has 5 tools and he's only shown 4 of them here.