White Sox @ Royals 1:15 pm CST Lopez vs Sparkman

Kyyle23

11 minutes ago, Jake said:

Nice step forward for Reynaldo today. I'm glad to see the return of his true curve. Even if it is just a tertiary pitch, it seems to be something he can buy strikes with which is something he needs. Just has to use it enough that batters can have some doubt about what pitch he's going to use in various counts.

His curve used to be pretty nasty.  FG had it as a 55 / 60 pitch which is plenty good when paired with his fastball.  Just for whatever reason he gave up on it completely in exchange for the slider.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

His curve used to be pretty nasty.  FG had it as a 55 / 60 pitch which is plenty good when paired with his fastball.  Just for whatever reason he gave up on it completely in exchange for the slider.

Seems oddly frequent that guys come through our minor leagues relying on their curveballs and then drop it almost completely upon reaching the majors. That's been true of both Giolito and Lopez.

Just now, Jake said:

Seems oddly frequent that guys come through our minor leagues relying on their curveballs and then drop it almost completely upon reaching the majors. That's been true of both Giolito and Lopez.

🤔...almost makes me think Cooper has something to do with that.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

It seems that it's much more difficult to get a strike called with the curveball. Umps seem to give up on it more.

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

Okay, no need to send Reynaldo back out there for the 7th. Don't let him talk you into it.

I agree let him have a great start but I fear with Banuelos and Despaigne coming they may try to milk it.