White Sox @ Royals 1:15 pm CST Lopez vs Sparkman

Kyyle23

2 hours ago, Orlando said:

sorry to get off topic but forget about Cease. Jason Kinander is 0 for 2

Is Despagna (sic) a starter by chance. I remember the name. Detwiler pitched Friday as I recall. He might be ready.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, but we'll get a lot of Detroit and they're worse offensively. KC has some guys that can hit. Detroit has an aging Miggy, Castellanos and that's it. 

I always think of Miggy when people get excited about signing guys for long contracts.  They almost always backfire.

Solid effort today from Lopez and a nice way to end the road trip. 8-4 in this stretch of 14 games vs. mediocre / bad teams. Hopefully they can get some revenge on the Nationals starting tomorrow night before the "big boys" roll in.

3 minutes ago, kwill said:

Its nice to see Lopez putting people away with something other than his fastball. Only one walk as well makes me think this could be the start of a string of good starts. 

Yeah, I'm skeptical. If he pitches well against the Yankees I'll be optimistic, but he keeps doing this against the Royals.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, I'm skeptical. If he pitches well against the Yankees I'll be optimistic, but he keeps doing this against the Royals.

Their is definite reason to be skeptical of Lopez but actually throw a breaking ball with control goes along way. Even on his good starts this year he was still using his fastball as his primary out pitch. This game he finally was able to control his breaking ball. Hopefully it continues because that would mean we have two guys in the rotation going into next year that we can count on.