White Sox @ Royals 1:15 pm CST Lopez vs Sparkman

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's turning into a star before our eyes. Both he and Giolito have made massive turnarounds from last season and it is wonderful. 

That’s why I think Cease and Robert should come up sooner rather than later. Let them get their acclimation to the majors going 

Edited by TheTruth05

6 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

That’s why I think Cease and Robert should come up sooner rather than later. Let them get their acclimation to the majors going 

I agree. I want them both to have the entire offseason to put any work in that they may need to in order to be successful. It's past time to worry about service time considerations, it's time to maximize their window. It starts next season, IMO. Guys who have a chance to contribute should be up as soon as they're ready. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I agree. I want them both to have the entire offseason to put any work in that they may need to in order to be successful. It's past time to worry about service time considerations, it's time to maximize their window. It starts next season, 

Well that's the issue with our ownership.

Cease and Robert  could have been called up way before now.

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Good call on Gio, Jack

@Jack Parkman definitely deserves a ton of credit on Gio.  I don’t know what he saw last year, but Gio is a total stud.  Glad he was right because the road to contention is that much easier with one our TOR spots filled.

Now I’m just hoping Lopez can regain form by bringing back the curveball and at least emerge as a quality #4 type starter.  I believe he’s far more capable than that, but honestly that might be good enough for what we need once Kopech, Cease, and a high end free agent are in place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

@Jack Parkman definitely deserves a ton of credit on Gio.  I don’t know what he saw last year, but Gio is a total stud.  Glad he was right because the road to contention is that much easier with one our TOR spots filled.

Now I’m just hoping Lopez can regain form by bringing back the curveball and at least emerge as a quality #4 type starter.  I believe he’s far more capable than that, but honestly that might be good enough for what we need once Kopech, Cease, and a high end free agent are in place.

Giolito always had the stuff, he had mechanical issues that were keeping him from showing it every inning and it was affecting his command. Now that he has those under control you're seeing the stuff play up. 

With regard to Lopez, I have no idea why he switched from today's pitch mix for the 1st 2 months of this season. It worked so well last August and September idk what he was doing before today. 

Edited by Jack Parkman