David Ortiz shot in DR

Jack Parkman

There’s a video floating around and it does not look like a robbery. It looked more like an assassination attempt. He’s in stable condition  

The perp apparently caught quite the beating. 

Edited by mqr

1 minute ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Reported to be in stable condition...

which tells you very little. Stable isn’t actually a defined medical condition 

The report now is that he’s out of surgery and not in any danger

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, soxfan49 said:

I know he's from the DR but man, get a house in Miami or something. No sense in living in a place where violence is common.

That's what I said too. He's got the money. No reason to really go back there (yeah yeah I get he has family there, but he's worth a lot and that puts a big target on his back in a country like that).

Do y'all mean he should be a sell out and turn his back on his people and his roots?

It's what I would do. I'd send money, not myself. I'd also avoid Chicago with all that violence. Miami doesn't seem much better. 

10 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Do y'all mean he should be a sell out and turn his back on his people and his roots?

It's what I would do. I'd send money, not myself. I'd also avoid Chicago with all that violence. Miami doesn't seem much better. 

No. He can live somewhere better and send money to help better his family and/or the country like you said. But he doesn't have to be there.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, soxfan2014 said:

I'm not exactly saying go to the South-side of Chicago haha

Exactly.  Don’t venture into the south side of Chicago and you avoid most of the murder.  Most people know where to go and where not to go.  The surrounding suburbs are a different story altogether.