Sign in to follow this  
ChiSox59

Jake Burger Thread

Sox must have seen something they liked.  I sure hope we have a minor league season, so that we can see how Burger and Sheets do in high minors, not to mention Vaughn, wherever he ends up.

10 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah that swing video doesn't really impress me but I hope he does well. Was surprised to see him protected today

Not only does he have an arm bar but his hands are very low.  Hopefully he can make it work.  

5 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Not only does he have an arm bar but his hands are very low.  Hopefully he can make it work.  

Arm bar is usually caused by hands being lower and its pretty much a myth as a horrible thing anyway. Look at Ken Griffey Jr. He had what many would call an arm bar. You keep that arm  at the angle a lot of youth coaches who haven't a clue about hitting want it, and players would hit with so little power there would be a call to juice the ball. The one thing this does is hits. No need to show him Tom Emansky videos.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Arm bar is usually caused by hands being lower and its pretty much a myth as a horrible thing anyway. Look at Ken Griffey Jr. He had what many would call an arm bar. You keep that arm  at the angle a lot of youth coaches who haven't a clue about hitting want it, and players would hit with so little power there would be a call to juice the ball. The one thing this does is hits. No need to show him Tom Emansky videos.

An arm bar is absolutely not a myth just ask Courtney Hawkins.  Sure there are a few guys who made it work but an arm bar is a red flag for organizations and something that definitely needs to be noted.