Sign in to follow this  
ChiSox59

Where is Jake Burger?

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I thought we heard he'd be back in game action by June 1.  Any updates? 

Fegan didn't have an explicit update but mentioned that he had a target date that has now been skipped past, it was a sign of just how difficult an injury he was coming back from.

42 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I thought we heard he'd be back in game action by June 1.  Any updates? 

U sure the Sox didn't mean June 1 2020? 

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

He's in Arizona playing Fortnite and tweeting about LARPing. Presumably rehabbing too.

Jake Burger, God of Thunder.

Just now, DirtySox said:

Wonder where he starts? W-S sound about right?

probably a week in kanny, then to Chicago!

It really does feel at this point like we are about to get a “burger faced a set back in his recovery and will get shut down for the year”.

If anyone wants to get hyped for Burger's return you can watch him almost rupture his achilles twice on two routine practice ground balls in 30 seconds of video. He's a special player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, credezcrew24 said:

If anyone wants to get hyped for Burger's return you can watch him almost rupture his achilles twice on two routine practice ground balls in 30 seconds of video. He's a special player

Whiskey.  Tango.  Foxtrot.

Watching that I’ve never been more convinced the Sox FO doesn’t have a clue.  How can they draft him first and seriously tell us with a straight face that he can stay at 3B.

Thanks @credezcrew24 you have ruined my day and made me hate Nick Hostetler.  A curse upon you and all your livestock. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, reiks12 said:

Wasted first round pick

Not wasted, but I've given up on him. If he produces, that would be a great surprise. He then becomes tradeable to plug leaks on our roster. 

7 hours ago, credezcrew24 said:

How could this dude have been taken in the first round?   Did Hostetler even watch any vides of this guy?  Has anyone in the Chicago sports media questioned Hostetler about this pick?    Burgur has not been able to control his weight. He lacks balance, flexibility and speed.  And then the Sox take Vaughn who profiles the same way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tray said:

How could this dude have been taken in the first round?   Did Hostetler even watch any vides of this guy?  Has anyone in the Chicago sports media questioned Hostetler about this pick?    Burgur has not been able to control his weight. He lacks balance, flexibility and speed.  And then the Sox take Vaughn who profiles the same way.

You realize everybody had him as a top 15 prospect at the time of the draft right? Everybody said he doesn't look pretty but gets the job done at 3b. It wasn't just Hostetler who liked him. He was also the top bat at our pick. Gotta love the revisionist history here.

• Thanks 1