White Sox vs Nationals 7:10 CT Despaigne vs Anibal Sanchez

Kyyle23

29 minutes ago, mqr said:

Idk where else to put this, but baseballsavant released a new statcast metric that measures outfielder 'Jump'. Leury Garcia is 3rd in baseball behind Kiermier and Guillermo Heredia. 

He's played a really nice CF this year.  He hasn't even had more than 1-2 of his patented brain farts on throws into the IF where he misses the cut or throws to the wrong base.

It will be nice to have him as the super sup in the next few years hard to carry his OPS as a starter but as a 4th OF and backup IF it's great.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's played a really nice CF this year.  He hasn't even had more than 1-2 of his patented brain farts on throws into the IF where he misses the cut or throws to the wrong base.

It will be nice to have him as the super sup in the next few years hard to carry his OPS as a starter but as a 4th OF and backup IF it's great.

Leury will be a FA following 2020.  I agree he'd be great in a super utility role, but unless the Sox go balls deep in FA this offseason, he's pretty much guaranteed to be used as an everyday OF next season.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Leury will be a FA following 2020.  I agree he'd be great in a super utility role, but unless the Sox go balls deep in FA this offseason, he's pretty much guaranteed to be used as an everyday OF next season.  

I talked about an extension for him the other week and thought something like 3 years 24 million but consensus seemed that was an overpay.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If Leury is the worst hitter in your lineup, you could do some damage. Have to find a stop gap 2B to make that happen though. 

23 minutes ago, mqr said:

If Leury is the worst hitter in your lineup, you could do some damage. Have to find a stop gap 2B to make that happen though. 

Big fan of the Scotter Gennett idea, just not sure how short term / stop gap he'd be.  

52 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ricky with two solid lineups in a row.  Not much to complain about here.  If alonso plays, the 6 spot is probably best otherwise the bottom of the order is very lefty heavy. 

33 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Thank god it's McCann and Eloy 4 and 5.   Castillo and Yonder at 4 are great rally killers.

35 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I can't believe that I agree with two straight lineups. Still may not matter if Des Plaines is on the bump. 

It's better but Anderson (.849) 7th with Garcia (.667) 1st is still really bad 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's better but Anderson (.849) 7th with Garcia (.667) 1st is still really bad 

Meh.  Tim Anderson is very clearly not a leadoff hitter IMO.  I have zero issue with Leury batting leadoff.  

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd love to see TA and Moncada at the top.  Leury 9.  That's 3 really pesky hitters back to back to back right before you get to the big boppers.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Meh.  Tim Anderson is very clearly not a leadoff hitter IMO.  I have zero issue with Leury batting leadoff.  

What makes you say that? (re: Anderson)

I would've agreed with you last year but the quality of his PAs is awesome this year, way better than Leury's IMO.