2005 Championship team and WAR....

Greg Hibbard

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

I didn't say WAR has no value.  I said the average Joe doesn't relate to it.  Nobody is admiring Jose Abreu's War.  They relate to his HR's and RBI totals.  Gio's WAR is not the talk around the water cooler...it's his won/loss record or maybe his ERA.   Just my opinion but I think pretty realistic one.  The commentators are not average Joe fans.

I don't believe you when you say that win/loss record gets discussed at the water cooler. All it takes is 1 minute to prove to somebody that pitcher win/loss is absolutely stupid.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I don't believe you when you say that win/loss record gets discussed at the water cooler. All it takes is 1 minute to prove to somebody that pitcher win/loss is absolutely stupid.

Believe what you like...it's a free country.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It’s honestly amazing it took 100 years for people to figure that out. Not even like you need to do any math to figure it out.