6/11 Games

soxfan49

29 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

HE ISN'T READY TO GO TO BIRMINGHAM WTF ARE DESE MORONS DOIN?!?!?

A player with a 65/70 grade hit tool can still have a down 6 weeks like Madrigal had. He's quickly showing why he's such a touted prospect.

Robert 2-2 today!

• Like 1

So Ronaldo Guzman, the 16 year old that had a favorable writeup from Ben Badler for having an athletic, easy delivery and was already touching 89, has had a great start in DSL:

4IP, 5 hits, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 Ks for today, and for season 8 IP, 10ks, 3 BBs, 1 ER, 1.13 WHIP.

Looks like this may be the pitcher to watch in DSL.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

A player with a 65/70 grade hit tool can still have a down 6 weeks like Madrigal had. He's quickly showing why he's such a touted prospect.

Robert 2-2 today!

Pure speculation but you have to wonder if the theoretically better pitchers in AA throw more strikes thus it plays into his "70 hit tool."

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

So Ronaldo Guzman, the 16 year old that had a favorable writeup from Ben Badler for having an athletic, easy delivery and was already touching 89, has had a great start in DSL:

4IP, 5 hits, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 Ks for today, and for season 8 IP, 10ks, 3 BBs, 1 ER, 1.13 WHIP.

Who was that hitter in DSL last year? Jose Rodriguez or something? Guy was hitting like .367 for two months or something and then fell off the face of the earth. After that I'll need to see someone like Guzman continue to pitch well. Touching 89 isn't very good on paper.

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

He ain't the only 16 year old pitcher to watch down there. 

33 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Who was that hitter in DSL last year? Jose Rodriguez or something? Guy was hitting like .367 for two months or something and then fell off the face of the earth. After that I'll need to see someone like Guzman continue to pitch well. Touching 89 isn't very good on paper.

Most anyone of note from last year is no longer on DSL so likely in AZ. Getz appears to prefer to move these guys stateside earlier, maybe to start the assimilation process earlier. They have put some resources down there as cultural coordinators so I'm guessing that is.

Touching 89 at 16 years old is good on paper.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Most anyone of note from last year is no longer on DSL so likely in AZ. Getz appears to prefer to move these guys stateside earlier, maybe to start the assimilation process earlier. They have put some resources down there as cultural coordinators so I'm guessing that is.

Touching 89 at 16 years old is good on paper.

Didn't realize he was 16, my bad.