Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soxfan49

6/11 Games

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Collins RBI double

So ready to see what he can do. If they dump Alonso, chances are Jay will get a look...and Palka will probably get another shot too. But Collins is 24, doing ok in AAA and is a homegrown first rounder. He needs to be up this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Walker RBI single.

I really like what Walker's doing this year. Hopefully we start to see more power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collins finishes 1-2, 2 BBs, RBI, R. Not a bad night at all for our top guys. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys Luis Robert is eating a lot of dominos per Instagram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flavum said:

So ready to see what he can do. If they dump Alonso, chances are Jay will get a look...and Palka will probably get another shot too. But Collins is 24, doing ok in AAA and is a homegrown first rounder. He needs to be up this year.

For my money I'd rather be patient and see if he can do anything with his defense while he hopefully improves his contact rate by just a tick or two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bmags said:

Guys Luis Robert is eating a lot of dominos per Instagram.

The good news is that it usually goes right through you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

Guys Luis Robert is eating a lot of dominos per Instagram.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

Guys Luis Robert is eating a lot of dominos per Instagram.

So what I'm hearing is everyone needs to eat Domino's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bmags said:

Guys Luis Robert is eating a lot of dominos per Instagram.

If he's anything like me in college he goes spinach and white sauce on thin crust and convinces himself it's healthy. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mqr said:

If he's anything like me in college he goes spinach and white sauce on thin crust and convinces himself it's healthy. 

It looks like a lot of breadsticks and perhaps those chicken things where they smother them in cheese.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

It looks like a lot of breadsticks and perhaps those chicken things where they smother them in cheese.

 

He's obviously richer than hell, but I imagine being around a bunch of broke 22 year olds all the time does not help form good habits.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mqr said:

He's obviously richer than hell, but I imagine being around a bunch of broke 22 year olds all the time does not help form good habits.

At soxfest I asked getz why they can't just pay for catering for the minors and he said it was part of the minor league experience but they were looking into it (i.e. they were not looking into it)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mqr said:

He's obviously richer than hell, but I imagine being around a bunch of broke 22 year olds all the time does not help form good habits.

As a 22 year old working in the minor leagues, those were the players, I tried to hang around with. It was better than eating ramen every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

At soxfest I asked getz why they can't just pay for catering for the minors and he said it was part of the minor league experience but they were looking into it (i.e. they were not looking into it)

There's your next market inefficiency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mqr said:

There's your next market inefficiency. 

Obviously Robert is a human and should be able to eat whatever he wants, but this is more about how there have been articles players struggles to get either familiar or good food while playing in rural carolinas or alabama.

Like, you have so much riding on these guys, why not ask your affiliates if you could fund a caterer for the clubhouse for home games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mqr said:

There's your next market inefficiency. 

I dont think so. While good nutrition can help. It's not going to turn a player from bad to good or good to great. It becomes most important as you age to stay healthy. These 18-23 year old kids either have the tools or they dont and the teams will see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Obviously Robert is a human and should be able to eat whatever he wants, but this is more about how there have been articles players struggles to get either familiar or good food while playing in rural carolinas or alabama.

 Like, you have so much riding on these guys, why not ask your affiliates if you could fund a caterer for the clubhouse for home games?

I remember an interview with Eloy where he talked about how much he missed Dominican rice and beans in Birmingham, and then an article a little later where James Fegan ran into him in the Waffle House down there. 

It would cost ,what, 100-200 grand to cater every game? 

Edited by mqr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I dont think so. While good nutrition can help. It's not going to turn a player from bad to good or good to great. It becomes most important as you age to stay healthy. These 18-23 year old kids either have the tools or they dont and the teams will see them.

yeah, I was only being half serious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Obviously Robert is a human and should be able to eat whatever he wants, but this is more about how there have been articles players struggles to get either familiar or good food while playing in rural carolinas or alabama.

Like, you have so much riding on these guys, why not ask your affiliates if you could fund a caterer for the clubhouse for home games?

It is crazy the team isn't more invested in their minor leaguers.  It is ridiculous, irresponsible, and stupid.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mqr said:

yeah, I was only being half serious

There is no doubt the teams need to raise the minor league standard of living though. You are correct on the general topic.

Giving them all just an extra 1000 each for the 6 months would do wonders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

It is crazy the team isn't more invested in their minor leaguers.  It is ridiculous, irresponsible, and stupid.

Cost versus benefit. 90% will never help the MLB team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×