New Sox Podcast on The Athletic

BFirebird

If anyone has an Athletic membership, they started a White Sox podcast with James Fegen and Tom Fornelli.  I listened and it was pretty good, I think they said they will drop 2 a week.  They named it "All Up in White Sox Business", which is a great name.

12 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

If anyone has an Athletic membership, they started a White Sox podcast with James Fegen and Tom Fornelli.  I listened and it was pretty good, I think they said they will drop 2 a week.  They named it "All Up in White Sox Business", which is a great name.

Yeah I was excited for this. For as much money as the athletic has you'd think they'd spring for mic's for their podcasts.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah I was excited for this. For as much money as the athletic has you'd think they'd spring for mic's for their podcasts.

Might be like Effectively Wild where it carries the Fangraphs name, but isn't really a Fangraphs podcast. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I worked in radio briefly during college.  Learned to do basic stuff like "normalizing" the audio, splicing, level adjustments and stuff like that.  It's amazing how many "professional" podcasts don't do that stuff.  The normalizing is important as it prevents large differences in volume between different inputs.  We used a program called "cool edit pro" and it would take about 5 minutes to do all that for a 30 minute segment, at most.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BFirebird said:

Uh-Oh...Kenny may not like that one very much (sticking their noses in White Sox business...) LOL 😃

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Interesting that the podcast name is literally the tagline for SoxMachine

Yeah Larry from SSS threw a fit about that. In their defense, I’ve read those sites for years and had absolutely no idea they had a tagline

5 hours ago, mqr said:

Yeah Larry from SSS threw a fit about that. In their defense, I’ve read those sites for years and had absolutely no idea they had a tagline

Oh no was Larry upset about something