Sox vs Nats - 6/11/19 7:10pm

smalls2598

• bmags pinned this topic
49 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I'm kind of glad that Moncada is out. I'd rather play it safe than sorry given the recent track record of injuries in this organization

‎People (notably Yoan) are talking about this rather casually. I think with the off day tomorrow, this is the perfect opportunity to get him back-to-back days rest as a precaution and have him back Thursday for the Yankees. That's what I believe happens. Plus, he would have been hitting from the right hand side tonight. So... not quite as bad of a loss. 

June‎ ‎11‎ ‎4‎:‎46‎ ‎PM ET

Moncada (back) is not in the lineup for Tuesday's game against the Nationals.

ANALYSIS:

Moncada didn't appear to be particularly worried about the upper-back tightness that forced him to leave Monday's contest, but he'll sit for at least one game. The White Sox have an off day Wednesday, so he'll wind up getting at least two days to rest. Jose Rondon starts at third base.

Edited by Richie

30 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I have no evidence of this but I think Moncada is injured more than we have been lead on to think.

Also another no Alonso game.  Good.

Back strain for Moncada, re-evaluated Thursday.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Who's going to pitch in his place? I don't disagree, but they don't have anyone. If they think Cease isn't ready, they have a problem. 

Yep but this guy has a near 8 ERA in mid June. Time for someone else

4 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Is it sad that it already feels like the game is over? Why do we keep trotting out Banuelos when we have Cease waiting. It’s just an awful product 3-4 out of every 5 games because of the starting pitching 

Because Hahn has consistently said he will not bring up a player key to the rebuild when he is not ready just because of a need on the major league club. Especially now that they are not in win-now mode.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic