And that's a Eloy Jimenez Coming Out Party White Sox Winner

chitownsportsfan

Given the pitching match up I honestly didn't expect a win tonight. Somehow they did and hats off to them.

Starting pitching was trash again and I'm glad Ricky pulled him before he gave away the lead. Bummer also showed he was finally human...bears watching now more closely.

Man when Eloy hits em' they go a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way don't they?

Sox went 9-5 in this 14 game stretch against mediocre / bad teams...and that's not bad especially with half the pitching staff unable to do a damn thing because of "sore shoulders" et al.

Now the next 15 games are against pretty good clubs, we'll see what happens. I'd be happy if they could go 5-10 myself given the state of the pitching staff.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Given the pitching match up I honestly didn't expect a win tonight. Somehow they did and hats off to them.

Starting pitching was trash again and I'm glad Ricky pulled him before he gave away the lead. Bummer also showed he was finally human...bears watching now more closely.

Man when Eloy hits em' they go a lllllooooonnnnnggggg way don't they?

Sox went 9-5 in this 14 game stretch against mediocre / bad teams...and that's not bad especially with half the pitching staff unable to do a damn thing because of "sore shoulders" et al.

Now the next 15 games are against pretty good clubs, we'll see what happens. I'd be happy if they could go 5-10 myself given the state of the pitching staff.

it's a miracle they split honestly.  need some pitchers but whoo boy this position player group of kids is exciting!

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Eloy is special. Can you imagine him in the old Comiskey Park? Roof shots. He'd hit homers to that nook in right center that only Dick Allen reached. Eloy Eloy Eloy.

Hahn will be Sox GM forever cause he brought Eloy to the south side. Now to all the rebuild/tank fanatics. It's time NOW to start building on superstar Eloy and stars Moncada, Timmy and Abreu and Gio and start doing the tinkering necessary to start DOMINATING THIS WEAK bleep DIVISION!!!! We can start winning now with the proper acquistions. But nooooooo .... we're talking about trading Colome, Abreu, McCann, Alonso (OK he should go) just so we can start sucking eggs and get a high draft pick AGAIN.

JUST.RIDE.ELOY.TO.THE.TOP starting NOW!!!! Thank you and remember, Hahn is here forever cause he brought this star to the South Side. He is Dave Winfield times three folks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Eloy is special. Can you imagine him in the old Comiskey Park? Roof shots. He'd hit homers to that nook in right center that only Dick Allen reached. Eloy Eloy Eloy.

Hahn will be Sox GM forever cause he brought Eloy to the south side. Now to all the rebuild/tank fanatics. It's time NOW to start building on superstar Eloy and stars Moncada, Timmy and Abreu and Gio and start doing the tinkering necessary to start DOMINATING THIS WEAK bleep DIVISION!!!! We can start winning now with the proper acquistions. But nooooooo .... we're talking about trading Colome, Abreu, McCann, Alonso (OK he should go) just so we can start sucking eggs and get a high draft pick AGAIN.

JUST.RIDE.ELOY.TO.THE.TOP starting NOW!!!! Thank you and remember, Hahn is here forever cause he brought this star to the South Side. He is Dave Winfield times three folks.

You can be the most hyperbolic poster sometimes.

Sox cannot win the division with the current team.  They need at least two more decent to good starting pitchers and another bat or two.  They are entertaining now, especially the young guys.  They have a chance to win the division and more starting next year, but they need to make some moves.  A couple smart "selling" trades at the deadline could help the future.

• Like 2

I expect next season to be the Sox version of 2015 Cubs.  The first winning season since start of the rebuild.  Might be just a bit short of championship caliber but you can see the talent all around.  Win total in low to mid 90's would be my today guess.  Free agents and trades can of course help move the needle forward.  Bring up Robert, Cease & Madrigal...find two decent starting pitchers...and lets roll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well to be fair the fans haven't seen much of it for the last 6+ seasons and soon to be 10th in the last 13 years.

ergo, they shouldn't enjoy it? I would think they would savor it more.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

weirdly player A is bryce harper for some reason.

If healthy Eloy is going to be a monster at offensively for the Sox. It's frightening to think about his hit tool getting better because he's only 22 years old. 

Our farm is very top heavy (not necessarily the worst thing), but building around Anderson, Moncada, Jimenez, Robert, Madrigal, Vaughn, Giolito, Kopech, Cease should be really fun