Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lip Man 1

Day of Reckoning is Coming NCAA...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Hopefully all of this will lead to a change in the one and done rule the NBA has. However, since all of this has no effect on the NBA maybe it won't.

But a large number of college basketball "insiders" and media (including Jay Bilas who is very outspoken) have said often the "one and done" issue isn't the cause of the problems in the sport and predict that when the NBA allows high schoolers to come out (2021 is the date most given) nothing will really change. The under the table deals will simply go to the next "level" of players.

Their solution is to pay the players and on that I totally agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

But a large number of college basketball "insiders" and media (including Jay Bilas who is very outspoken) have said often the "one and done" issue isn't the cause of the problems in the sport and predict that when the NBA allows high schoolers to come out (2021 is the date most given) nothing will really change. The under the table deals will simply go to the next "level" of players.

Their solution is to pay the players and on that I totally agree. 

The solution isn't to pay the players. The solution is to be like baseball. If you enroll in college you are not eligible to be drafted for 3 years. This will stop all of the big scandals.  There will always be small money under the tables from alumni organizations and such but to will stop all of the major money deals and get the kids out of college who dont want to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paying the players will help but there will still be the families who want more. The "pay" will need to be the same from each school. So it will be the same pay plus whatever a top recruit may wish to receive illegally.

What would stop it is the NBA refusing to sign any players who are caught. Then the risk is too great. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Paying the players will help but there will still be the families who want more. The "pay" will need to be the same from each school. So it will be the same pay plus whatever a top recruit may wish to receive illegally.

What would stop it is the NBA refusing to sign any players who are caught. Then the risk is too great. 

 

If they start to pay players, it will escalate to how much the "stars" get paid and how much normal recruits get paid The argument will be the same as it is now, who brings in the money. It's easier to just keep the kids out of school who don't want to be there. They don't need to go to college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the proposals I've seen from colleges call for the same stipend to be paid to each player on the roster. All Div 1 schools would be the same. That has been an issue for the bottom half of D1 schools. The finances in basketball for example are different at Duke or Kansas versus Southern Illinois or Illinois State. The pay needs to be consistent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Texsox said:

All of the proposals I've seen from colleges call for the same stipend to be paid to each player on the roster. All Div 1 schools would be the same. That has been an issue for the bottom half of D1 schools. The finances in basketball for example are different at Duke or Kansas versus Southern Illinois or Illinois State. The pay needs to be consistent. 

This is a major hurdle. Universities dont need more expenses especially state schools where states are decreasing funding as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DePaul? Lol. They can't even cheat well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×