Sox vs. Yankees - 6/13 7:10pm

smalls2598

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Tim is just up and down hopefully he can be as good as Alexei when he matures a bit more.

He’s having an alexei peak type year right now man. Alexei made a whole lotta errors too

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Has Bummer ever said what he changed to get the velocity he has now? I don't remember him being a thrower last season.

Allegedly he dunked a basketball in the off season for the first time and realized he's more athletic than he thought, or something.

Good job by Bummer. No talk of flipping him. He's too young. This was another game where Ricky looks like manager of the year. With all those holes in the lineup, we beat the Yankees ane are one below .500.

Team is overachieving to this point.

Nice home run by Tim.

Edited by greg775

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Good job by Bummer. No talk of flipping him. He's too young. This was another game where Ricky looks like manager of the year. With all those holes in the lineup, we beat the Yankees ane are one below .500.

Nice home run by Tim.

I swear, you have the takes that no one else's brain could have

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Nice home run by Tim.

Did Ricky actually look like manager of the year today? I didn't watch. 

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Did Ricky actually look like manager of the year today? I didn't watch. 

This team is one under .500. A team with one starting pitcher, a below average bullpen, 4-5 automatic outs in the lineup including Alonso. I am of the opinion it's still going to fall apart, but as of this moment, one under .500 with this roster ... wow. Ricky deserves some money for this.

p.s. I should give Lopez some credit for a few good starts and Colome a bit more credit than I have.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Nice home run by Tim.

Greg please just enjoy this much improved team. We are building a winner so the guys who are contributing aren’t and shouldn’t be flipped. We need to build around the good players.  The team is not over achieving they have even more potential 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Has Bummer ever said what he changed to get the velocity he has now? I don't remember him being a hard thrower last season.

Maybe he saw Giolito's high school coach? 😃

A very nice start to a difficult stretch of games. The top three hitters in the order had six of the teams seven hits. Rest of the order basically did nothing...yet they somehow won.

Speaking of nothing...Alonso now down to .178. Maybe he needs to sit to have another "mental" break. LOL.

One under yet again...do we dare hope to hit the elusive .500 mark?????

Edited by Lip Man 1

17 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Maybe he saw Giolito's high school coach? 😃

A very nice start to a difficult stretch of games. The top three hitters in the order had six of the teams seven hits. Rest of the order basically did nothing...yet they somehow won.

Speaking of nothing...Alonso now down to .178. Maybe he needs to sit to have another "mental" break. LOL.

One under yet again...do we dare hope to hit the elusive .500 mark?????

Some good negative looks at the win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope Giolito brings the usual stuff tomorrow. 

Just seems like every time we have a chance to break even, we end up getting stomped. 

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Nice home run by Tim.

Definitely not overachieving. This team is reaching their potential. 

They weren't going to keep losing 90-100 games forever. 

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

This team is one under .500. A team with one starting pitcher, a below average bullpen, 4-5 automatic outs in the lineup including Alonso. I am of the opinion it's still going to fall apart, but as of this moment, one under .500 with this roster ... wow. Ricky deserves some money for this.

p.s. I should give Lopez some credit for a few good starts and Colome a bit more credit than I have.

Herrera was good until he hurt his back and lost 5-6 MPH on his fastball. It is back now. Evan Marshall 15.1 IP and still no earned runs. Bummer's ERA is around 1.50