Sox vs. Yankees - 6/13 7:10pm

smalls2598

I could see 2-5 doing some damage vs Happ tonight. Issue is that Nova will undoubtedly be gotten to a bit. Let's hope we get on Happ early. Maybe Nova can do one turn through the lineup before they start drawing blood. 

1 hour ago, Real said:

isnt 3B the bane of back issues? Crede, Wright, Chavez, etc. Hope hes alright

Joe did a lot of belly flops and paid the price. Not worth it. 

10 minutes ago, pcq said:

Joe did a lot of belly flops and paid the price. Not worth it. 

I think he was also a big fan of taking a cortisone shot and getting back out there.  Probably compounded his problems late in his career as it just masked (and probably contributed) to the structural problems.

I just googled crede and it appears he's got lifetime back issues now and took more shots than he cares to remember.  Bummer man.  Real reminder of the price the game can take on a pro athlete's body.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think he was also a big fan of taking a cortisone shot and getting back out there.  Probably compounded his problems late in his career as it just masked (and probably contributed) to the structural problems.

I just googled crede and it appears he's got lifetime back issues now and took more shots than he cares to remember.  Bummer man.  Real reminder of the price the game can take on a pro athlete's body.

His swing was so long and violent, I'm sure the torque did numbers on poor Joes back 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Alonso has actually been much better vs. Lefties this year than vs. Righties. 

You don't mean better, what you really want to say is that Alonso is less sucky vs. Lefties than vs. Righties. 

Are there any other people on this forum who are about ready to attack G-rate with pitchforks and torches is they have to watch another game were Alonso grounds out 3 or 4 times against the shift?

Image result for pitchfork and torches gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Next 15 games should be a good test for our important players. Wins are nice, but I want good fundamental baseball and if it’s only 6-9 or 7-8, that might be good enough for this team. 

Correct

.500 ball over this span would be a win of giant proportions and very encouraging.

42 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Unrelated, but didn’t Crede get like Ken Griffey Jr fat or am I thinking of someone else?

36 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

You don't mean better, what you really want to say is that Alonso is less sucky vs. Lefties than vs. Righties. 

Are there any other people on this forum who are about ready to attack G-rate with pitchforks and torches is they have to watch another game were Alonso grounds out 3 or 4 times against the shift?

Image result for pitchfork and torches gif

I try not to watch his AB's - as the predictability of it all is just way too frustrating. I can't wait until he's gone. At least Benetti has eased up on the whole "But his exit velocity says he's so unlucky!" shtick. Alonso pounding the ball on a line or into the ground directly into the shift is the equivalent of wide receiver consistently getting open only to drop the ball 80+% of the time. At a point, it becomes totally irrelevant... and we've blown FAR past that point. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unrelated, but didn’t Crede get like Ken Griffey Jr fat or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah, and bald... and ugly. Which was a shock to my sister and my ex-girlfriend who both thought he was super dreamy in the mid-00's. lol. The tall, lean, handsome Crede with the flow is a FAR distant memory. 

Edited by Richie

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea he's big now.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He's Jake Burger size now

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Yeah, and bald... and ugly. Which was a shock to my sister and my ex-girlfriend who both thought he was super dreamy in the mid-00's. lol

Awesome, I love it when athletes just let themselves go after their glory days are over.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Awesome, I love it when athletes just let themselves go after their glory days are over.

His back issues didn't help in that regard. Probably is hell for him to workout.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, same. I also love actors who do it too as they age and don't try to maintain everything with plastic surgery or hair implants. Val Kilmer, Jack Nicholson... etc... Obviously, hate to see Val with the cancer, though. But he's a great example of a good looking young dude who said "f**k it". 

• Love 1

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just googled Crede and it appears he's got lifetime back issues now and took more shots than he cares to remember.  Bummer man.  Real reminder of the price the game can take on a pro athlete's body.

Should have been a Sox lifer. Injuries suck but you have to protect yourself.