watch out for clee next year

soxfan420

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CLee improves defensively from 2002 to 2003 as he did from 2001 to 2002, I will be satisifed.

And I wouldn't mind if on afternoon games he would wear his sunglasses over his eyes and not on his hat for the first several innings.

But I am for keeping CLee. Maybe with Waving Wally gone, his baserunning will improve. There is a lot of offense in that bat that I do not want to lose.

Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Originally posted by witesoxfan

Oh yeah, and he still a dumbass on the bases.

Exactly...but it's not like he got picked off 3B with 1 out in the 9th or anything like that in his career.

No, but he has gotten pick off 1st and second. And staels bases at the wrong time

Yeah, I know....it's because he's a douchebag....and I don't think getting picked off was Wavin' Wally's fault.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by soxfan420

his deffese has improved greatly. his walks are up. his strike outs are down. expect .300+ 30+ home runs 100+ rbi's.

lmao.. did he undergo some major surgery this off season to remove the stupidity out of his body or what....the only thing i would watch out for is if i were sitting in left field....id be watching out for all those hit balls coming his way he will miss in the lights or sun...........:**** dumbass........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

lmao.. did he undergo some major surgery this off season to remove the stupidity out of his body or what....the only thing i would watch out for is if i were sitting in left field....id be watching out for all those hit balls coming his way he will miss in the lights or sun...........:**** dumbass........

You mean like in the Metrodome? :D

Oh yeah, and he still a dumbass on the bases.

Exactly...but it's not like he got picked off 3B with 1 out in the 9th or anything like that in his career.

Ummmmm..... yeah he did. Friday night game in June against the Expos in the bottom of the ninth with, I think at the time, no outs. Me and Guido were at the game. I'm a C Lee fan but that was inexcusable. :puke

Originally posted by toasty

I usually do not say much in this kinda thing but gawd people is C Lee not human? Lets see you all out there and watch you try to play. CLee is atleast average..... would you rather have chuck knoblauch????

THANK YOU!!!! Carlos Lee is going to improve a lot on last season! He's shown improvement as his career ages, and this coming year will be no different. It seems like you guys expect him to be Jim Edmonds out there! He is a solid bat, which is needed, with average base skills and an improving defensive flair. Do not begin to diss my Carlos when all he does is improves on past performances. Carlos WILL be great this coming year, which is why we need to hold on to him. He is valuable to our team right now, and he will be for a while.

Guest Ncorgbl

So far, every year Lee has been here, he's improved over the previous year, but only for half a season. In 2001 I argued with baggs about Lee's improved defense, until the MetroDome games, as he was better, then regressed.

Lee's hitting has been the same, with half seasons of success, whether first half or second, but no full seasons yet. Konerko has the same 'syndrome', 'half-season-itis'. But notice this, when Lee's defense improves, his hitting slides, and when he's hitting well, his defense slides.

Regardless, he's a KW favourite, and won't be moved until KW is gone, Kenny's plans for him are to be DH.

Third time a charm, Kenny?

I don't think anyone who like CLee for 2003 is going by his number increase.

unlike his most half successes, he matured greatly last season. Before, when lee was hot and cold, he was taking few pitches and/or swinging at many. He would rely on a big game here and there. Last season, he waited for his pitch more, took walks, faced 6-7 pitch at bats, he looked a lot better.

I don't think he's goig to have a huge year, simply because he'll be batting 6 or so, but I also feel 2003 will be his year.

I am a huge fan of Carlos. Yes, getting picked off in that Expos game was pathetic and sometimes hes not the best baserunner or fielder but hes got a great bat and unless we can get a Colon or a Vazquez he shouldnt be traded. Do yall know he was one of 13 pros to have 80 RBIs and more walks than strikeouts? With his newfound patience at the plate (75 walks, 45 of them in 62 post-AS games), he should develop into a very good hitter. After the break last year, he hit .283 with 13 HRs and 39 RBIs. Thats pretty good. CLee is a keeper!

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

You mean like in the Metrodome? :D

lmao.... yeah the baggie dome, here in comiskey, the jake.. hell anywhere there is a bright light in his way, he will let the ball go.............:D

Originally posted by theoldroman

I am a huge fan of Carlos. Yes, getting picked off in that Expos game was pathetic and sometimes hes not the best baserunner or fielder but hes got a great bat and unless we can get a Colon or a Vazquez he shouldnt be traded. Do yall know he was one of 13 pros to have 80 RBIs and more walks than strikeouts? With his newfound patience at the plate (75 walks, 45 of them in 62 post-AS games), he should develop into a very good hitter. After the break last year, he hit .283 with 13 HRs and 39 RBIs. Thats pretty good. CLee is a keeper!

With Lee's "great" bat, we have 4 or 5 in our lineup alone and atleast 1 or 2 more in the minors.....if we traded him, we'd have 3, 4 or even possibly 5 great bats....Liefer hasn't had a chance to prove anything yet...he could be something special, or he could suck big time. Liefer has the potential to hit 40 homers a year, and play better defense than Carlos. We'd get a better OBP from Lee and maybe a better average with around the same RBIs.

Anyways, even if Liefer were to flop.....we'd have Thomas, Maggs and Konerko in our lineup....and if Crede hits like he did from about mid-August to the end of the year all year long, we'd have 4 "great" bats, and we could hope for a return of form from Jose and Rowand produces decent numbers and Jimenez does a decent job of leading off, we'd be fine without Lee, even if Liefer was s***ty....and Liefer would play better defense.

And about that more BB's than K's with over 80 RBIs...who gives a s***....Scott Spiezio is also in that category. Would you rather have Paul Konerko or Scott Spiezio at 1B?

Originally posted by theoldroman

Liefer can go to hell. Hes a little whiner. Use him as trade bait, Carlos stays. So maybe the more walks than Ks isnt that important but Im just trying to point out that his patience has improved.

Liefer has said that he wants to start, and if he doesn't here, he'd like to be traded...that's all he's said. If the Sox traded Lee, they could have Liefer start and they'd save themselves $4.2 million or so....which would be enough to sign or trade for a good starter....hell, if we traded Lee, we could make the once proposed Colon deal and, in reality, only take on about $11 million in salary....that puts us at $52 million or so, something around there, and than if we signed Buehrle to a contract, it would put us at around $56 million or so. We'd then have to either hope for Borchard to come up to the big league level and produce big time or we'd have to sign someone...and if we made two trades like that, we would become both a pitching strong team as well as a hitting strong team.

Regardless, Lee is expendable, or rather is available. He always has been and will be. Or he atleast should have been and should be.