watch out for clee next year

soxfan420

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Liefer has said that he wants to start, and if he doesn't here, he'd like to be traded...that's all he's said.

I guess that makes Liefer a whiner. And I'm sure it doesn't matter to Roman that JM stated that he did JL a "disservice," according to KW, by sitting him as often as he did in 2002 and not playing him. Just remember witesoxfan, this is the guy that one day was KW's buddy then..... the next day..... he "officially" jumped off the KW bandwagon, the guy that is now "feeling" a career year for C Lee when..... only 2-3 weeks ago..... he was ecstatic about the Colon et al deal for C Lee et al deal, the guy who stated that Konerko wasn't a "real hitter" because he struggled in September but Thomas was a "real hitter" because he showed a little life in September..... after Thomas battled with the "Mendoza Line" in the opening months of 2002, etc., etc., etc. Roman's like Chicago weather..... hot on Monday and cold on Tuesday.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Maybe offensivly, but he's still average at best in LF and has a terrinle throwing arm. Oh yeah, and he still a dumbass on the bases.

Avg at best is really all you need in left. Carlos will have a big year. He's going to be key in the 6 hole and may just surpass Konerko, taking over the 5 slot(thomas will eventually reclaim the 3 hole).

Originally posted by soxfan420

his deffese has improved greatly. his walks are up. his strike outs are down. expect .300+ 30+ home runs 100+ rbi's.

Don't you mean C.Lee?? I was beginning to wonder who clee was. I'd still rather see Leifer in left because he's left handed,and God knows the Sox need a power bat from the left side.I'll believe it when I see it with C.Lee.His base running blunders of 2002 still stick out with me.

:(

Originally posted by toasty

I usually do not say much in this kinda thing but gawd people is C Lee not human? Lets see you all out there and watch you try to play. CLee is atleast average..... would you rather have chuck knoblauch????

OK, but none of us are played to play pro baseball. I dind't see RPS or anyone saying, "give me a f***ing mitt and I'll do a better job than him."

Lee is, at best right now, a below average outfielder. His offense is average to slightly above for a corner outfielder, but his defense (despite his improvement) is still horrible.

And getting picked off third base, trailing in a close game in the ninth is inexcusable. That is a sign of total lack of baseball fundamentals. Teams win because they have guys that may not put up monster stats, but because they have players that understand the game and play smart. Do you honestly see Carlos being an everyday starter on a World Series caliber team? I sure as hell don't.

However, I will agree with LDF that since his value is still relatively low and Joe B. is still in need of another year in the minors, we my as well keep him and hope he hits the way soxfan420 thinks he can... Maybe we can get someone for him.

Hopefully, when Borchard is ready, they stick him in right, put Maggs in left, and get themselves a centerfielder.

Originally posted by doubleM23
Originally posted by toasty

I usually do not say much in this kinda thing but gawd people is C Lee not human? Lets see you all out there and watch you try to play. CLee is atleast average..... would you rather have chuck knoblauch????

OK, but none of us are played to play pro baseball. I dind't see RPS or anyone saying, "give me a f***ing mitt and I'll do a better job than him."

Lee is, at best right now, a below average outfielder. His offense is average to slightly above for a corner outfielder, but his defense (despite his improvement) is still horrible.

And getting picked off third base, trailing in a close game in the ninth is inexcusable. That is a sign of total lack of baseball fundamentals. Teams win because they have guys that may not put up monster stats, but because they have players that understand the game and play smart. Do you honestly see Carlos being an everyday starter on a World Series caliber team? I sure as hell don't.

However, I will agree with LDF that since his value is still relatively low and Joe B. is still in need of another year in the minors, we my as well keep him and hope he hits the way soxfan420 thinks he can... Maybe we can get someone for him.

Hopefully, when Borchard is ready, they stick him in right, put Maggs in left, and get themselves a centerfielder.

If Caballo is below average, Joe is nothing. I dont know why anyones excited about him at all. He has done nothing in the pros and very well could be the next Chad Hermanson. Crede is a prospect that I like and he will be the real thing, he has shown us that potential. JB has not and perhaps he never will. Caballos a fine LF, if JB never shows up it really wont matter. If he does, he can play center but no way he takes Carlos place.

Originally posted by theoldroman

If Caballo is below average, Joe is nothing. I dont know why anyones excited about him at all. He has done nothing in the pros and very well could be the next Chad Hermanson. Crede is a prospect that I like and he will be the real thing, he has shown us that potential. JB has not and perhaps he never will. Caballos a fine LF, if JB never shows up it really wont matter. If he does, he can play center but no way he takes Carlos place.

So now you're high on Crede? What the f***? You said he would turn into a nothing earlier in the year.

If C Lee continues what he did last year, you but Borchard in Center. Then you have the best OF in the Majors.

How is Borchard nothing? Every scout has said he has unreal power, and he has been listed as a Top 10 prospect the last few years. He is the best OF prospect in the game, period.

I'm gonna put this as nicely as possible..... why, after one and one half months of MLB play, are you ready to call Borchard "a nothing?" Is one and one half months of MLB play (in which JB was, more often than not, a late inning replacement or PH) enough to consider him a bust? Is seeing him bat 4 times enough to label him a stiff? Please, explain why Joe Borchard is, in your opinion, tantamount to "a nothing?" Common courtesy and respect for a fellow White Sox fan will keep me from telling you how I really feel about the BS you just posted.

Guest Ncorgbl

"Carlos Lee is, right now, a very good hitter. He may even turn out to be great. If the Sox are going to let Frank walk at the end of the year, they need to keep Lee if at all possible."

==========================================================

KW's plan is to get rid if Thomas at the first opportunity. He's struck out twice trying already. He'll try again before the break, regardless of what Thomas does. Then Lee, KW's guy, will be DH. Borchard then comes up. All based on one half season of success. Kenny just loves putting all his eggs in one basket.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

So now you're high on Crede? What the f***? You said he would turn into a nothing earlier in the year.

I'm beginning to learn that that's Roman for you.

Originally posted by CubKilla

I'm beginning to learn that that's Roman for you.

Yeah it is....earlier this year he was all about Jose....saying with Jose at SS, we will win. Now he's saying that he wants to get rid of Jose....who the hell knows.

Suppose he will hop back on the bandwagon when Borchard gets to the big league level and actually starts producing?

I never said JB would be a flop. I said he could very well be a flop and that so far hes given us nothing so dont write him off as a big star yet. What happens if we all talk here about how hes gonna hit 40 HRs every year and he ends up hitting only 25 with a .280-.290 BA? Yall will see him as a failure since he didnt hit 40 but in the big scheme of things he still will have done well.

And also, ncorgbl was the one high on Jose and he still is. Ive never liked Jose, I prefered playing the superior Clayton at short. But when they released "The Choice" I just sucked it up and went with Jose, since we were stuck with him.

Guest Ncorgbl

"And also, ncorgbl was the one high on Jose and he still is. Ive never liked Jose, I prefered playing the superior Clayton at short. But when they released "The Choice" I just sucked it up and went with Jose, since we were stuck with him."

==============================================================

You can watch the 'superior' Clayton up in the 'superior' Milwaukee area.

Thanks to KW, we were stuck with Clayton. If your idea of a MLB SS is to hit .198 each first half of a season, and play 'El Matador' with balls within reach, and disrupt the clubhouse, skip batting practice when you're looking up at Mark Johnson, and stab your supposed friends in the back, you are welcomed to him.

I prefer a SS who wants to win, knows how to get it done, and has proven he can do it.

It's easy to 'suck it up' when you've just improved 1000%.

Guest Ncorgbl

There is no more a team player on the Sox than Jose'. The 'finger pointiong' thing happened one time, out of frustration, and he was right.

He probably was calling people out....the same thing happened during the All-Star break when Konerko called out Thomas, and the same thing happened when Matt Millen called his player a devout coward on the Mike Ditka show.

You wonder why they don't talk about it afterwards? It's because the problem gets fixed.