6/14 Games

BamaDoc

2 minutes ago, Palehosefan said:

9 BB's to 7 K's in the DSL for a 17 year old? Very impressive.

Yeah the contact rates for this dsl team are surprisingly good. Theres like one guy that strikes out 4 times a game and everyone else seems to be working the pitching well.

16 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I'm thinking Cease debuts in the bigs July 2nd now after his last start and the way the schedule is set up. 

I think it will be after the MLB All star break. I think it's about 10 days or so after this date. 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think it will be after the MLB All star break. I think it's about 10 days or so after this date. 

They are on the road for 10 games following the all star break. 

They usually like to debut these guys at home, which I'm a fan of. 

The Kopech game last year was electric. The Moncada game the year before was fun but the standing O for drawing a walk was kinda funny. 

1 minute ago, joejoedairy said:

They are on the road for 10 games following the all star break. 

They usually like to debut these guys at home, which I'm a fan of. 

The Kopech game last year was electric. The Moncada game the year before was fun but the standing O for drawing a walk was kinda funny. 

I agree it will be at home. 

There's a double header vs DET on 7/3. If he were to throw that day, they could realign the rotation after the ASB and then he could pitch- if they're creative enough- against the Royals, Marlins, and Mets (as opposed to the Rays and Twins). That would somewhat ease the toughness of the opponent initially.

49 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I'm thinking Cease debuts in the bigs July 2nd now after his last start and the way the schedule is set up. 

I hope it's one of the games of the DH v Detroit, since I already have tickets.  

21 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

There's a double header vs DET on 7/3. If he were to throw that day, they could realign the rotation after the ASB and then he could pitch- if they're creative enough- against the Royals, Marlins, and Mets (as opposed to the Rays and Twins). That would somewhat ease the toughness of the opponent initially.

My guess is June 28th against the Twins.  That would line him up for one of the July 3 games as well.  For his MLB debut, I think the organization will want to give him his own night, not be part of a double header.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Cease facing a pretty damn good AAA lineup with wind howling out. Hope he finds a way to go 5 innings.

Alot of guys with ML experience on that team, especially the top of the lineup. Gonna be a hell of a test.

27 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

3 first inning runs for Cease...

49 pitches and only 27 for strikes. Either he's getting squeezed or command is off.

Kopech went through a rough stretch right around this time of year last year too. See if Cease can shake it off like he did.

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

49 pitches and only 27 for strikes. Either he's getting squeezed or command is off.

Kopech went through a rough stretch right around this time of year last year too. See if Cease can shake it off like he did.

Not getting squeezed. He just can't locate the fastball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Yup. That was in the back of my mind too. Kid ain't ready just yet. 

Edited by SoxAce