Eloy did not make the cut

TBrown54

On MLB's main page, there is no headline for Eloy's monster game last night.  Although he was upstaged by Hunter Renfroe's 3 HRs and big SD rally, there are still about 15 headlines with links and still no Eloy.  Granted there is local media bias in favor of Cubs (with justification) but I never knew bias extended to MLB! 

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Is the front page of mlb.com like really influential or something? Who cares.

Well, MLB could be laying foundation to ensure Verlander -- established star with supermodel spouse -- gets nod over upstart Giolito to start ASG.  And furthermore, I am starting rumors that foreign governments may be involved.

1 hour ago, TBrown54 said:

On MLB's main page, there is no headline for Eloy's monster game last night.  Although he was upstaged by Hunter Renfroe's 3 HRs and big SD rally, there are still about 15 headlines with links and still no Eloy.  Granted there is local media bias in favor of Cubs (with justification) but I never knew bias extended to MLB! 

The White sox are 31st out of 30 teams in notoriety in the  mlb, the organizantion has done a poor job of selling their product, they are a sears store on Michigan ave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MLB Network had a lot on both Eloy and Gio. They went on about Gio putting himself in line to start the ASG, with I believe Plesac saying he’s been the best pitcher in MLB the last 2 months. They even went on about Gio’s change, which Plesac said was the best in the game currently, he called it a Bugs Bunny pitch. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TBrown54 said:

Well, MLB could be laying foundation to ensure Verlander -- established star with supermodel spouse -- gets nod over upstart Giolito to start ASG.  And furthermore, I am starting rumors that foreign governments may be involved.

The guy with the career resume gets the nod but Gio could be the next guy in. 

51 minutes ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

MLB Network had a lot on both Eloy and Gio. They went on about Gio putting himself in line to start the ASG, with I believe Plesac saying he’s been the best pitcher in MLB the last 2 months. They even went on about Gio’s change, which Plesac said was the best in the game currently, he called it a Bugs Bunny pitch. 

Okay but what about the front page of when I type in www.mlb.com

6 hours ago, TBrown54 said:

It's barely mentioned or celebrated on this site too

• Like 1

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume somebody just missed it this time. Probably had the weekend crew working on a Friday night. Eloy's six RBI's can't be ignored, had to be a mistake or something overlooked via human error.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume somebody just missed it this time. Probably had the weekend crew working on a Friday night. Eloy's six RBI's can't be ignored, had to be a mistake or something overlooked via human error.

That could be.  On the other hand, this could be far worse than previously imagined:  meddling by our number one adversary.  What if something crazy happens next week, like the taps for draft Old Styles mysteriously malfunction when the customer is wearing Sox Eloy 74 jersey.  As famously exclaimed by Colonel Saito:  "This is war! This is not a game of cricket!"    

Edited by TBrown54

22 hours ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

It's like all the stereotypes about White Sox fans are true.  Who cares?  We won.  We're .500.  

I don't know about you but playing second fiddle to the Cubs I do not like and part of changing that culture is producing talent and winning. National recognition is one piece of the puzzle in changing that. The OP is right. Usually the 1st pitcher to win 10 games while also in the middle of a personal renaissance and tremendous hot streak with a budding superstar HR hitter who had a big day is something  MLB likes. MLB stories are like advertising for the game. MLB usually does a better job of advertising the games young stars. The casual and die hard fans go there to vote for All Stars and stay up on the latest trending players.

During the World Series in 2005 the Sox had no superstars and there wasn't really much fanfare about that particular WS . It just wasn't a sexy match up . So yes I want the Sox to be a sexy team drawing headlines around the globe like other teams do. If Houston can do it so can the Sox.

59 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't know about you but playing second fiddle to the Cubs I do not like and part of changing that culture is producing talent and winning. National recognition is one piece of the puzzle in changing that. The OP is right. Usually the 1st pitcher to win 10 games while also in the middle of a personal renaissance and tremendous hot streak with a budding superstar HR hitter who had a big day is something  MLB likes. MLB stories are like advertising for the game. MLB usually does a better job of advertising the games young stars. The casual and die hard fans go there to vote for All Stars and stay up on the latest trending players.

During the World Series in 2005 the Sox had no superstars and there wasn't really much fanfare about that particular WS . It just wasn't a sexy match up . So yes I want the Sox to be a sexy team drawing headlines around the globe like other teams do. If Houston can do it so can the Sox.

National recognition comes with high stakes victories and postseason appearances.

You know who got a boatload of national recognition?  The 2006 White Sox.  Why?  Because they took the World Series 2005 team and added Jim Thome and started the season on a tear. 

You win and you get recognition.  in the MLB, that means continuous playoff appearances.  

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

9 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

National recognition comes with high stakes victories and postseason appearances.

You know who got a boatload of national recognition?  The 2006 White Sox.  Why?  Because they took the World Series 2005 team and added Jim Thome and started the season on a tear. 

You win and you get recognition.  in the MLB, that means continuous playoff appearances.  

I already said I recognize winning is a piece of the puzzle, It also come when you have individual young players doing great. Trout , Soto , Harper, Guerrero Jr, Acuna are  young guns who have't done much winning but have garnered a lot of national attention. I realize it's no big deal but the more national recognition you get on a consistent basis and the more young studs you have that results in a winning team gets you there.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, ron883 said:

Is Verlander juicing? Dude is having.m a career year at 36. I don't know how he's still going so strong.

He actually credits Kate Upton for turning his life and career around. Kate with the big b--ucks.