6/15 Games

soxfan49

2 hours ago, Jake said:

He really hadn't been doing very well in AA so it stands to reason they might have just been trying to give him an easy, extended prep by making him the starter rather than planning to have him pitch more than an inning or two. But you have to feel bad for him, this is just a mess. Not a lot of guys have recovered from this kind of thing so I hope he gets some help and figures this out.

Hansen was always a high risk high reward guy. The majority of those kind of picks flame out. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DirtySox said:

So watching Pilkington for the first time. He works super fast. Gets it and throws it. Lots of batters stepping out to try and slow him down. Lots of time being called. Fastball doesn't look like anything special. Throws his slider and change-up often. Uses the whole repertoire. Is in and out, up and down. Curious what the fastball is at. He's definitely not blowing it by people.

That was the book on Pilkington, wasn't it? He had a good fastball as a soph in college and then lost velocity, thus him slipping out of the first round. Still liking what I'm seeing, especially if there still might be some hidden/lost velocity somewhere in there.

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Robert walk. Nice at bat. Finally laid off all the breaking crap out of the zone.

16 hours ago, DirtySox said:

So watching Pilkington for the first time. He works super fast. Gets it and throws it. Lots of batters stepping out to try and slow him down. Lots of time being called. Fastball doesn't look like anything special. Throws his slider and change-up often. Uses the whole repertoire. Is in and out, up and down. Curious what the fastball is at. He's definitely not blowing it by people.

Will he end the year as a Top 10 org. prospect?

15 hours ago, fathom said:

Hansen has no control.  Looks like what I saw from him last year.

Don't get it, what the fuck

52 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Will he end the year as a Top 10 org. prospect?

Don't get it, what the fuck

It happens. Read an article on Steve Blass sometime. All Star pitcher for Pirates, all of a sudden could not throw strikes anymore. Seems like the Cardinals had one. 

1 hour ago, MnSoxFan said:

It happens. Read an article on Steve Blass sometime. All Star pitcher for Pirates, all of a sudden could not throw strikes anymore. Seems like the Cardinals had one. 

Rick Ankiel is a weird, weird fucking story.

17 hours ago, SoxAce said:

5 walks... still not out of the 1st inning.

I think it's nothing that can't be fixed with .5 milligrams of lorazepam administered 1 hour before each outing. My 87 year old mother in law

takes them for her nerves.

P.S. I'm almost not kidding.

Edited by zisk
add

15 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

Hansen was always a high risk high reward guy. The majority of those kind of picks flame out. 

It's a shame, because 2 years ago he looked like a big hit. Oh well, shit happens.

Leading into spring 2018 he was the pitching prospect I was most excited about. 

Edited by Jack Parkman