Yankees vs White Sox Father's Day Gamethread

Tnetennba

16 minutes ago, RudyLawRules said:

So there's no one better than this guy...anywhere...minors or the street? I "expect" more out of a big league pitcher. Not a tough ask.

There are other things to consider than just isn't there anyone better. Cease might be better. It isn't time for him yet.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Imagine if he Sox would of had Cease start on Father’s Day with the chance to get back to .500. That would have been nice....

I'd love if they would throw him out there against the Cubs for storyline reasons but that won't happen either.

Edited by SoxAce

Just now, Baron said:

Yeah ok...Rick is probably going to do none of that 

It’s been the same story all year. The good players are good and the fillers are freaking awful.  Good news is we will never hear of these fillers again after this year.

Just now, fathom said:

Same bullshit happened last year. Tried to rush him when he had hamstring issue and ended up getting injured worse.

Why the heck rush him?  You've got an off day 2 games, then another off day.  He could've been given another week and missed 3 games.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There are other things to consider than just isn't there anyone better. Cease might be better. It isn't time for him yet.

Cease wasn't even on my mind.  If there is not ONE better option than the guy who started today, THAT is a problem... regardless of time frames.

Just now, fathom said:

It’s been the same story all year. The good players are good and the fillers are freaking awful.  Good news is we will never hear of these fillers again after this year.

This team has overachieved this season thus far considering the state of the starting pitching IMO. Being a .500 team when you only have one starting pitcher is kind of incredible. If I'm Hahn I'm listening on Colome/Abreu/Leury/Bummer and trying to acquire pitching assets.

Just now, DirtySox said:

This team has overachieved this season thus far considering the state of the starting pitching IMO. Being a .500 team when you only have one starting pitcher is kind of incredible. If I'm Hahn I'm listening on Colome/Abreu/Leury/Bummer and trying to acquire pitching assets.

They proved that they can compete with the Royals, Indians, Orioles, and the banged up Yankees to a degree. 

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Agreed, have to get the assets now to trade in the future for more pieces.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic