Yankees vs White Sox Father's Day Gamethread

Tnetennba

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is so true. 

Moncada is going to be out for a while, not that it matters anyway. Another top 10 pick would be nice. 

I have a feeling the losses are going to start piling up during non-Giolito starts. 

They don't have an MLB quality pitcher that is healthy in the org right now outside of Giolito. 

I don't think Cease is ready yet. 

Cease didn't smile right today after a good start. He's not ready yet. 

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

Cease didn't smile right today after a good start. He's not ready yet. 

Cease didn't start today, he started the season well but is struggling with control currently. Do you think a 4.37 ERA in AAA is ready? I don't. I think he's either coming up in mid-August like Kopech or not at all. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cease didn't start today, he started the season well but is struggling with control currently. Do you think a 4.37 ERA in AAA is ready? I don't. I think he's either coming up in mid-August like Kopech or not at all. 

I don't think keeping him at AAA is going to help at all. 

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is so true. 

Moncada is going to be out for a while, not that it matters anyway. Another top 10 pick would be nice. 

I have a feeling the losses are going to start piling up during non-Giolito starts. 

They don't have an MLB quality pitcher that is healthy in the org right now outside of Giolito. 

I don't think Cease is ready yet. 

Yes, once again the starting pitching got exposed again.  And Cease is not the answer yet.

You can see how good a team the Yankees are, and how far the Sox have to go. Too bad about Moncada. You don't need another young player's progress set back by injury.

5 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Yes, once again the starting pitching got exposed again.  And Cease is not the answer yet.

You can see how good a team the Yankees are, and how far the Sox have to go. Too bad about Moncada. You don't need another young player's progress set back by injury.

I know, it sucks. I'd rather Moncada take the time to get fully healthy and ready to rock and roll when he returns instead of rushing him back and seeing his numbers plummet. 

It's a damn shame Moncada hurt himself because he was about to go on a tear. Was locked in at the plate. 

EDIT: Ricky says Yoan should be ok for Tuesday. We'll see. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know, it sucks. I'd rather Moncada take the time to get fully healthy and ready to rock and roll when he returns instead of rushing him back and seeing his numbers plummet. 

It's a damn shame Moncada hurt himself because he was about to go on a tear. Was locked in at the plate. 

EDIT: Ricky says Yoan should be ok for Tuesday. We'll see. 

Going to the game Wednesday so hopefully this is the case.

Somewhat disappointed after winning the first two, had hoped for a series win. But with the pitching as atrocious as it is, getting a split is OK. Hope they get a split with the Cubs. And the crowds were great this weekend...spectacular. Give the fans an exciting team a team that has a chance and isn't a laughingstock and they'll come out.

And Vieira is an absolute joke almost as bad as Alonso.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Honestly, It's pretty amazing that this team is anywhere near .500 when they only have 1 good starting pitcher.

Outstanding coaching staff.................................

1 hour ago, almagest said:

That team is riddled with injuries and just optioned a guy with an .855 OPS.

Because they have depth and talent coming out of their ears. That's how you survive something like 20 guys on the IL at one time or another and still lead a division. They spend the money but it seems pretty clear they spend it on guys who actually produce and they seem to have a good farm system.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Because they have depth and talent coming out of their ears. That's how you survive something like 20 guys on the IL at one time or another and still lead a division. They spend the money but it seems pretty clear they spend it on guys who actually produce and they seem to have a good farm system.

Oh I'm definitely aware. It's just crazy. I'm not sure even the Astros have this kind of depth.

6 hours ago, RudyLawRules said:

I think we can be both on cloud nine and pissed at the situation. There are fixes for marching bums out to the mound. It can be addressed and isn't right now.

There should be more of an even keel. The drastic 180's that are done here on a daily and/or bi-daily basis are way too knee-jerk. We know what this is... when Omar Despaigne gets beaten around by the damn Yankees - it shouldn't rattle people's cages so much. 

Given the injuries that we have accumulated to our starting pitching (both at the minor and major league level) I'm at a loss for how we could do anything about the back-end of the rotation right now. The only reasonable thing we can do at this point in time is deal for a starter and I believe we will by the deadline. 

Not to mention that Despaigne did turn in a QS in his last start. There was no reason to yank him from the rotation after that. For whom? 

Edited by Richie

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The Astros are another team that has their lineup entirely decimated and hasn't really skipped a beat. Whether it's a prospect like Alvarez coming up and raking... or just a nobody like Myles Straw. "Next man up" is a legitimate mantra for those teams. 

Speaking of which... I have an old buddy by the name of Mark Payton in AAA for the A's. He's 27, a left-handed hitting OF'er and spent all of his time in the minors previously with the Yankees since getting drafted out of Texas. He has a career .800 OPS in AAA over four seasons and never even sniffed a big league call-up. Hoping he breaks through with Oakland soon. He's raking at their AAA affiliate in Vegas. 9 HR's 41 RBI's .292/.366/.518 (.884)

Edited by Richie

11 hours ago, Richie said:

There should be more of an even keel. The drastic 180's that are done here on a daily and/or bi-daily basis are way too knee-jerk. We know what this is... when Omar Despaigne gets beaten around by the damn Yankees - it shouldn't rattle people's cages so much. 

Given the injuries that we have accumulated to our starting pitching (both at the minor and major league level) I'm at a loss for how we could do anything about the back-end of the rotation right now. The only reasonable thing we can do at this point in time is deal for a starter and I believe we will by the deadline. 

Not to mention that Despaigne did turn in a QS in his last start. There was no reason to yank him from the rotation after that. For whom? 

I agree that we overreact at times. But routs like the one with the Yankees happen too often because the rotation is so bad. And yes, yanking Despaigne is not the answer although the inability to do so is part of the problem.

It would be nice to deal for a starter, but I don't know if the Sox will have the leverage or will to do so.  Regardless, pitching is the main thing to address either now or in the off season.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic