6/16 Games Happy Father's Day

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d argue he’s already passed Rutherford & Adolfo.  If he keeps this up, he could definitely pass Basabe too.

I've got Basabe and Gonzalez ahead of him for now. Completely agree with the other two (unfortunately for Adolfo it's injuries holding him back).

That's Bush's 5th homer, but he's only hitting .199. He's a high school draft pick a year removed from high school and in Low A. Reminds me of Chris Carter, but Carter went to Great Falls when summer ball started whereas they're sticking with Bush.

Carter as a 19-year-old in Kanny: .130/.231/.261, 9.62 BB%, 32.7 K% in 52 PA before they sent him to extended

The next year in Kanny: .291/.383/.522 and then he got traded to Oakland and mashed in their minors before a productive big league career.

Micker Adolfo also reached Kanny at 19, but wasn't a draft pick and spent two years in the AZL before he went to Kanny. Either way, his line there was .219/.269/.340. He K'd 33.2% of the time.

Chris Young was another high school pick with raw power and a high strikeout rate, but he didn't reach Kanny until 20.

The flip side is guys like Trayce Thompson (although Thompson at least made the bigs for a couple years) and Keon Barnum held their own in Kanny at 19 as well.

My point is Bush is doing just fine. Showing enough potential at a very high level for his age. He definitely has to improve and refine his swing, but the power is very real.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, danman31 said:

A lot of older pitchers and not ready hitters. It's probably gonna be a rough team.

Yeah this is true. Still a lot of interesting guys but a bunch that like maintaining a .260 avg with low Ks is a success (Weaver) so not that exciting to follow.