The 2020 Rotation - What’s Your Plan?

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, black jack said:

It was a joke.  

Farmer once said "He's on the team next year" about some September call up a few years ago.

Nova had a good game so I did the Farmer line. 

Gotcha.

Insert joke flying over stick figure gif. 

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I agree it shouldn't be a problem, and I suspect we'll see the Sox make a splash in FA this winter.  As has been laid out, there is clearly plenty of money to spend. 

In regard to the red - none of the Sox young players are getting to arb for a couple more seasons.  No one important is getting meaningfully more expensive next season.  The Sox did have the chance to change their lack of signing a major FA last offseason, but they also were at best a .500 team this season, and it made sense (IMO) to note give Machado or Harper a blank check.  The Sox are clearly much closer to being a playoff team in 2020 as opposed to 2019.  

Signing Manny or Bryce wasn't about this year only. I have no problems with them making moves if they are for the long haul. 

17 hours ago, black jack said:

It was a joke.  

Farmer once said "He's on the team next year" about some September call up a few years ago.

Nova had a good game so I did the Farmer line. 

It was 1B/DH Dan Johnson and Farmer’s line was hilarious.  I believe Johnson hit a couple homers to win a game late in the 2012 season and Farmer yelled, “He’s on the team for next year!!!” which was a ridiculous assumption at the time that did not come to fruition.  Johnson played a total of 14 games with the Sox.

The Score still clowns him with the audio clip to this day.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

6 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It was 1B/DH Dan Johnson and Farmer’s line was hilarious.  I believe Johnson hit a couple homers to win a game late in the 2012 season and Farmer yelled, “He’s on the team for next year!!!” which was a ridiculous assumption at the time that did not come to fruition.  Johnson played a total of 14 games with the Sox.

The Score still clowns him with the audio clip to this day.

It was the game at Cleveland where he hit three home runs in a game I believe. 10/3/12