Collins getting called up

Whisox05

28 minutes ago, bmags said:

Congrats to Zack, a huge accomplishment on its own.

I do believe that Collins elite batting eye will lead to more power and walks than most would expect from his poor hitting tool. Especially with the trend of an increase in breaking / offspeed pitches.Ā 

Take Castillos job and donā€™t look back.

I havenā€™t been able to watch a lot of minor league games this year, but last year a ton of his Kā€™s were with him looking. Ā Iā€™m not suggesting the hit tool is great or even good, but itā€™s easier to become a bit more aggressive in certain situations (like weā€™ve seen with Moncada this year)Ā than it is to correct a pureĀ swing & miss issue.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Now youā€™re just being ridiculous. Ā ThisĀ offseasonā€™s goal was whale or bust. Ā Two of the moves you canā€™t stop citing where highly (or in Yonderā€™s case entirely) based on improving their chances of landing Machado. Ā Rip them for the strategy all you like,Ā but those moves have no bearing whatsoever on our go forward strategy for free agency. Ā 

Adding Herrera wasnā€™t dumpster diving as heā€™s a highly paid, highly qualified setup man (whether the move works or not). Ā McCann was a dumpster dive that has actually worked out. Ā Nova was a bizarre acquisition (no idea how they thought his stuff would play up in the AL) but he wasnā€™t exactly a dumpster dive given his $9M salary. Ā Santana was the one trueĀ dumpster dive that didnā€™t work out and Iā€™m all for ripping it in hindsight, although even there Hahn had a get out of jail free card.

Iā€™mĀ still not sure how you donā€™t get they simply didnā€™t want to commit long-term dollars for 30+ year old free agents a year before they felt they were ready to compete. Ā I actually wish they were more aggressive, but alas they decided to be conservative given their assessment of where the team was at. Ā That by no means suggest they will go cheap moving forward and rock sub $100M payrolls asĀ you are suggesting. Ā You are making giant, irrational leaps based on theĀ anger you have overĀ this past offseason. Ā They likely wonā€™t get Cole or Rendon, but ā€œthe money will be spentā€ on quality players this offseason and likely many of them. Ā And when that happens, I hope you apologize to the rest of the board for bringing down its overall quality with your repetitive,Ā nonstop whining.

I guess we will just have to remember this post. Ā We shall see who is right come next offseason. Ā I donā€™t see the Sox being realistic contenders for a guyĀ like Ozuna either. Ā Puig could happen if he continues to have a down year.

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So your expert opinion is that the Sox will operate with a payroll under $80M moving forward?Ā 

No. Ā I expect that Hahn will make more of the same moves he made this past offseason. Ā Spread money out among a group of 5 or soĀ mediocre players instead of signing a couple top tier free agents.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

I guess we will just have to remember this post. Ā We shall see who is right come next offseason. Ā I donā€™t see the Sox being realistic contenders for a guyĀ like Ozuna either. Ā Puig could happen if he continues to have a down year.

Lol...why is that? Ā We will have more money to spend than any team in baseball and will have a promising enough young core to finally push the chips into the table. Ā If Hahn doesnā€™t successfully add multiple quality free agents next offseason, the fanbase will riot and I will move from Nashville to Vancouver so I donā€™t have to be within 500 miles of this team and continue my quest of living in every city that once held our AAA team. Ā Until Hahn actually fails next offseason, there is zero reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hell, we practically lucked into Machado with a below market offer. Ā The next tier of guys (i.e everyone but Cole & Rendon)Ā will certainly be attainable in this free agent environment.

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

No. Ā I expect that Hahn will make more of the same moves he made this past offseason. Ā Spread money out among a group of 5 or soĀ mediocre players instead of signing a couple top tier free agents.

Those are going to have to some highly paid players! The Sox have $18M committed to next seasons payroll.Ā 

Your takesĀ are so bad.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

No. Ā I expect that Hahn will make more of the same moves he made this past offseason. Ā Spread money out along a group of 5-7 mediocre players instead of signing a couple top tier free agents.

They are roster fillers. Ā At some point, the young core are going to fill those voids. Ā At that point, Hahn isnā€™t going to be looking to fill the roster with mediocre veteransĀ just because he hates you. Ā 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Moan4Yoan is like those idiots who @ big time celebs and politicians thinking they would read that shit. šŸ¤£

Even though some or even a lot of people agree with you, itā€˜s not like we can do anything about it.

He's that Tom Longo troll that's been around for a couple years. Nobody takes him seriously.Ā 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Gotta be. Appeared right when Party Longo got banned and he has the same exact material.Ā 

Nope, wrong again.

And why is everyone getting upset about me thinking the Sox wonā€™t spend money on top tier free agents? Ā Didnā€™t Hahn pretty much admit as much after Machado and Harper signed elsewhere?

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Nope, wrong again.

And why is everyone getting upset about me thinking the Sox wonā€™t spend money on top tier free agents? Ā Didnā€™t Hahn pretty much admit as much after Machado and Harper signed elsewhere?

No, he said they weren't spending 300 guarenteed on one player.

Congrats to Collins.Ā  He's earned his shot.Ā  He is what he is and more time in the minors isn't going to change that.Ā  With that said, I hope people are ready for 50 strikeoutsĀ in his first 100 plate appearances and some bone-headed catching mistakes.Ā  As hard as it was at times being patient with Moncada, it's going to be harder with Collins.Ā  Prepare yourselves.

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You'd like thatĀ wouldn't ya, Mr Longo?Ā 

As dead wrong as you were when you tried to argue that John Donaldson and Adrian Beltre werenā€™t great players and were laughed off the forum.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/107077-eloy-officially-got-paid/&page=42

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

Congrats to Collins.Ā  He's earned his shot.Ā  He is what he is and more time in the minors isn't going to change that.Ā  With that said, I hope people are ready for 50 strikeoutsĀ in his first 100 plate appearances and some bone-headed catching mistakes.Ā  As hard as it was at times being patient with Moncada, it's going to be harder with Collins.Ā  Prepare yourselves.

Collins has a lot less pressure and lower expectations. Yoan was really in the spotlight. I think people realize that Collins is a work in progress.Ā 

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

Let Collins platoon with McCann..... Castillo Ped boy can go

Umm,that would put McCann on the bench for like 70% of the games.Ā  I like Collins and hope he does well, but he's not going to be the #1 catcher.Ā  I predict he takes both Castillo and Alonso's at bats as back-up catcher/DH.