Collins getting called up

Whisox05

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm trying unsuccessfully so far to find a spray chart on Collins . I'd tell him to be looking 1st pitch fastball and be ready to hit it since pitchers know he looks at a lot of pitches and K's a lot  and will be looking to get ahead in the count . Let the pitchers know they just can't lay that1st pitch fastball in there.

Not sure how many of his HR's are oppo so I don't know yet if he's going to see a lot of sliders down and in or they will pitch him away which is why I wanted to find his spray chart.

Showing hits only:

GmukhSA.png

Including outs:

CnAMXJS.png

14 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

What are the stats for how he calls a game, handles pitchers and directs fielders? 

I cant give you stats for those things, but Keith Law said he calls a good game and handles the pitchers well. He also said he does well controlling the base paths.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Where are you getting these? BA?

Baseball Savant, which is created by the same guy who made the old MLB Farm website that was the previous source for minor league spray charts.

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

Baseball Savant, which is created by the same guy who made the old MLB Farm website that was the previous source for minor league spray charts.

Oh I didn't know it had minor league data

19 minutes ago, Jake said:

Are the AAA parks equipped with the technology n/to capture that data? Or is it just from foot soldiers marking where the hits went?

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

Eloy's batting average is low but we're not supposed to care about BA. He's hit a good number of homers and driving in a plethora of runs. Love Eloy.

And...we've only scratched the service.  He is going to produce some monster games.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Are the AAA parks equipped with the technology n/to capture that data? Or is it just from foot soldiers marking where the hits went?

I think this is from the foot soldiers.

Collins coming up is another “win” for the scouting and player development staff but I think that the Sox were wrong to keep him at C. I felt they should’ve moved him to 1B as soon as they drafted him so that he could purely focus on his bat and swing, which was why he was a top ten pick.

The reviews have never been glowing about him behind the plate and now we’re talking about someone who can be a fill in catcher instead of an everyday one or even a backup. It’s not crazy to think that he would’ve been up last year if they just let him focus on the bat. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Collins coming up is another “win” for the scouting and player development staff but I think that the Sox were wrong to keep him at C. I felt they should’ve moved him to 1B as soon as they drafted him so that he could purely focus on his bat and swing, which was why he was a top ten pick.

The reviews have never been glowing about him behind the plate and now we’re talking about someone who can be a fill in catcher instead of an everyday one or even a backup. It’s not crazy to think that he would’ve been up last year if they just let him focus on the bat. 

He was drafted so high because there was some chance of him being a truly elite hitting catcher, don't know that he'd even be a top 30 pick if not for that. 

21 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Collins offense would be elite as a catcher and ordinary as a first baseman. Andrew Vaughn has that position on lock anyway. The good news is if McCann can remain a positive player for us, then we won't be devastated if Collins move around from catcher to first to DH.